New Guy from the Motor City

Hello All,
I have been lurking around for a while now and finally registered just a short time ago.

My screen name comes from my favorite mini bike that I had as a kid, I have included a picture of me taken in front of my grandfather's house in 1975. He was a big inspiration for me, introducing me to minibike, and being a natural tinkerer.

Around the time I finished college I foolishly sold off my dust collecting minibikes but never quite got them out of my system.

Last weekend I just purchased two basket case Rupp Roadsters, between the two of them I should be able to make one minibike and sell off the rest of the parts to offset costs.

Or maybe make one stocker and one custom cafe racer....hmmmmm

Any way I am glad to be here and hope to learn a lot as I go.

Paul

Attachments

Nice.
Your Gramps must have been pretty cool.
Welcome
Yes he was.

He is missed, he passed away last March at age 101, and that is part of the reason I am here. My minibike will be named "Lil George" in his honor.

Attached a picture of the handcrafted go cart he built in the 1950s with my dad. Most all parts scratch built, with a Cushman engine and Crosley 3 speed transmission, (that's me in the photo) I learned to drive a stick with it at a young age!

I hope it's okay to post a slightly off topic picture here.

GoCart.jpg

Yup, she was bummed.

She is actually part of the other reason I am here, she passed away last year at age 46 from cancer...so I am trying relive my childhood.

I posted an ad on Craiglist looking for a Rupp Chopper (like in the picture) but ended up with a Rupp Roadster figuring it would be a bit more practical.

Also my grandfather had a Roadster that was stolen out of his garage the winter before I was supposed to get it, he had just finished a cosmetic restoration on it.

Welcome! Your sister looks pretty "Bumbed out" having to wait for her turn!:laugh:
AndreaMiniBike.jpg