New Guy Here, old problem.

Two years ago I picked up a Benelli Hurricane that was an old Shriner’s parade bike.
Little did I realize how hard it was going to be to find the parts I need.
I have figured out the 7” tires are very had to find.
And I need an ignition exciter coil.
I was really hoping to get this thing going, but now losing intrest. i joined your group to draw on your collective knowledge.
Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to find these?

Minimichael

Two years ago I picked up a Benelli Hurricane that was an old Shriner’s parade bike.
Little did I realize how hard it was going to be to find the parts I need.
I have figured out the 7” tires are very had to find.
And I need an ignition exciter coil.
I was really hoping to get this thing going, but now losing intrest. i joined your group to draw on your collective knowledge.
You came to the right place. The old guys here love new problems. How about some pictures to get things started?

...I was really hoping to get this thing going, but now losing intrest. i joined your group to draw on your collective knowledge.
Welcome. This is a great site. Someone here will be able to answer your questions. While you wait for that to happen, please try using the site's search feature. Just click on the hourglass. Upload a photo, too. Everyone here loves pictures.
Even if the bike never runs again, it would be a great piece of garage art.

markus

Dansi I was the ignition supplier on those, 6v. you should be able to just search benelli dansi coil on eBay. They shared that engine with the buzzer and there was a 10” wheeled one as well with the auto 65cc. pretty sure the coils crossed with all the small cc bikes though like the compacts and enduros.

Funny, but I've never seen a frame like that! Sorry.....this might be a little off-topic, but that frame looks like it might be a relatively easy one for a builder to copy; meaning, it doesn't appear to have any "bends". Could even be downsized to a Tom Thumb, I suppose. If the top frame rail were just a bit larger in diameter, it could even serve as the fuel tank, with the filler placed on the tail end (behind the seat) with a 90 degree elbow. Suddenly, I'm feeling inspired. (ha)

Thanks for the suggestion.
the problem would be that it has to have an open center to mount the brake.
I am going to check that out.

Actually looking, the tires are not in that bad of shape, the back is worn, and neither have “terrible” dry rot. Both are flat though.