New guy with new old fun junk

Howdy!

I started reading through builds on the forum couple days back after finding a Rupp withering away at a buddy's house. I'm a car guy and know very little about bikes and figured this would be a fun little toy/project. Didn't know anything about minis or Rupps but looks like fun stuff.

Only just got it home and parked. It's got a Honda 5 horsie ohc motor stuffed in it and from quick look seems like it was done with the factory drive components from just a quick observation. In my brief surfing, I have not seen anyone else running that engine although maybe clones are similar.

I'm still unsure what model this thing is. Its the 71-75 Roadster style TC1 job but it doesn't have lights (would like to add some) which indicates a lesser model but I don't know if they were removed and it has a custom paint job so it's missing the tank label. Also has the mag wheels. Any ideas? :scooter:

Hoping to find a way to post pics from photobucket but looks like I can't yet

Last edited:
Greetings..enjoy forums..you can use the icon up top of post that looks like a window and choose upload from computer once you post enough..cheers

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

welcome aboard!
You need 5 posts to get some pics uploaded. Just do like others here and respond to random posts with a "good job" "Nice bike" "I dated your sister" and you'll be there in no time! Post those pics and the brains here (not me) will tell you what ya got!
The OHC Hondas are nice little motors. There have been a few here, but not real common.

I did look at one website that may have a close answer on the model. Possibly 72+ Hustler as it has the black frame, swing arm, and triple tree, mag wheels, and front/rear brakes, no lights. Have not had a chance to check for the frame serial. Don't know, but maybe there is a rare Mack edition :)

Oh and you might notice the tank has been moved to clear the engine but not well thought out since the tree hits the tank and has poor turning angle. Might try to modify something

Last edited:

fistfullabar

Scrambler came without front brake and 3.5 tec. Its a hustler. They came with front brake and hs40 engine. Just to point out this is not off topic.....:laugh: