New guys done for now hot rod Dart cycle

Hello, I am new the forum. I just wanted to say hello to all and show off my just finished today West Bend 700 powered 1962 Dart cycle. With parts being so hard to find, it was easier to do a period correct hot rod. The motor is fresh with a Gem stuffer intake and reed exhaust. It starts in one pull and really straightens the arms when it gets on the pipe or lack there of. No valuable parts were injured to install the engine, only requiring A 1 1/2 inch longer jack shaft and 3 zinc mending straps to space the clutch cover out far enough to clear the longer crank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nicely restored! Those dart cycles are really neat bikes. Does it have the original ID tag?
. It came with a loose tag and a repro kart tag. The tag was Dart cycle 1300 Dcd22. I have since noted another Dart cycle with the same number on a repro kart tag. I contacted the poster who had owned several included mine. I had already stamped my repro tag 1300 and installed it on my bike. My guess is based on the 6 inch front wheel my bike would have a later serial number. Funny thing is there are so few of these darts around, I have been able to easily trace it from barn find through 3 owners to me right on this forum. Without mentioning any names, the first owner straightened out the frame. The second owner added the seat, likely built by another member. The third owner did the powder coat and added the new tires. I being a master mechanic by trade powered it and got it ridable. I really would not consider it restored. The fork lowers need rechrome which I will get around to. I plan to leave the wheels and hardware all in what remains of their original finish as I feel it adds to the hot rod look. At least until I get bored and feel like painting. Thanks for the compliments. You really are a great group.