new handlebars for doodlebug

new handle bars, won't help that. you have to find what is causing the vibration. How bad is it, does it feel like a bent rim or maybe engine?

I had same problem until I put spacers (washers) on the handle bar mounting bolt to snug it to the frame. I could see it needed this because there was play up and down along the mount. Now, no more rattle, shimmy, or popping.

If you check out my minibike build video,

I installed rubber washers (grommets) between the engine & mounting plate.

This is something I first did when I was thirteen.
I complained to my dad, who told me that Harley-Davidson reduced this problem by isolating the motor from the frame with rubber.:thumbsup:

It can only be done with round mounting holes.
If you are using the guide holes, the motor will vibrate and loosen the chain right off.

thanks i tried the washers but they didnt help much im just wearing gloves and its working im planning on checking it out this weekend to see what the problem is, but im still taking ideas thanks!

I have noticed that the lower fork tubes flex forward & back like a tuning fork at certain speeds on asphalt/concrete. Aside from the tube wall thickness possibly being on the thin side. The tire tread on the original DB-30 tires properly aired up creates vibration.