New here

markus

yea, thats definitely the earlier econocycle/cub frame assembly. Good news is a clutch guard for the ealry ones is pretty easy, bad news is the seat might be a little tougher.....I think that I did send @manchester1 (our resident seat maker) a rough pattern of the original seat one of mine had on it....I dunno if it was good enough to use or not though, I did it on the fly as I was packing that bike up to ship out for the collector that bought it.

Here was the decent one out of the two I owned, I set it up with the '65-'67 rear wheel....but that was pretty much the only difference between the 1967-68 bikes

I could make the seat from the pic u gave and a couple of over all measurements or paper template of wood and a paper side view i appreciate the specifics cause I’d like to do it justice. I’m a trimmer by trade and love making my own seats. Could u give my info on ur motor? Mine came with a Briggs . I just finished restoring a Honda minitrail 1971 I made this seat and foam shape from a picture and a little left over from the rotten seat foam look like a shark ate it lol. Thanks for the specifics.

Attachments

markus

They used a Tecumseh H25 with a side mounted tank. those particular bikes frame didn't mesh well with the standard tanks of that era so they had to use the side mounted tank. technically they did also sell them as kit bikes so you could by them without and engine ant put your own on.

1968 c250.jpg

Those side tank engines are not as easy to come by, but you can piece them together. The H25-H35 were the same configuration so you can use a larger HP H35 and nobody would know......till you blow by them with your extra 1hp :p The tanks can sometimes be found on their own and you can retrofit them to the 1963-74 engines. If you do decide to go that far with it and get the parts to do that get on here again and I will give you some important tips when you do it.....those tanks are prone to leak if your not careful installing them.

Here's what the other side with the tank looked like:

IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0344.JPG