New here

Hello, glad I found these forums as I’m in the middle of modifying my CT200U.

so far I’ve done the Governor removal, 18lb valve springs, go Powersports exhaust with muffler, go Powersports intake and jet as well as a torque converter.

I stripped the bike down to shave all the tabs and crap welds smooth. I plan to lower it by chopping the bars and rear axle mounts. Powdercoat the frame add a new gas tank. Run some doodle bug size wheels with street tires and also looking into the Hot265 cam.

is there any supporting mods required to run the hot265 cam and any tips regarding the lowering of the ct200u? Look forward to seeing everyone’s builds.

Attachments

Last edited:

toomanytoys

I went a different direction with mine. I’m more off road trail machine. The CT200U is a great canvas to build whatever you want and not feel guilty at all about chopping it up.

My next move is going to be hydraulic rear brakes. I have a design for a caliper mount. Going to cut it out at work on the CNC plasma and weld it out. Tired of the crappy drum brakes.
BE91AB3C-2A42-4049-9F87-5F9698E82A22.jpeg

toomanytoys

My daughter and I cruise the woods. We ride down to the creek and swim, then go look for animals through the trails. If I’m alone I’ll put my fishing pull on it and ride to some ponds and fish. It’s so much fun and I’d say cheaper than a dirt bike or 4 wheeler but I have a stupid amount of money in the stupid thing now and could’ve bought a cheap dirt bike…

Good supporting mods with governor removed, stiffer springs, and a hot cam would be the billet flywheel and rod. They are aimed more at keeping your engine in one piece but the built in timing advance of the flywheel will help in the upper rpm range, which is kinda the point of the hot cam. Being that they are so cheap 26 lb. springs might get you a few more revs.

Good supporting mods with governor removed, stiffer springs, and a hot cam would be the billet flywheel and rod. They are aimed more at keeping your engine in one piece but the built in timing advance of the flywheel will help in the upper rpm range, which is kinda the point of the hot cam. Being that they are so cheap 26 lb. springs might get you a few more revs.
appreciate it!

Lizardking

that looks really cool but I wonder how much that effects your lean angle? I can scrape my foot off the ground on my stock height bike
You're right about the lean angle. It would need skid plates to make turns or even swerve!.

I've thought about putting some kind of electric height adjustment mod on a bike with front and back suspension. Air ride would be overkill for a mini.