New HS-40 .020 Pistons

delray

last night i was on the BLACKWIDOW MOTORSPORTS and today on facebook seen posted new hs-40 .020 pistons and rings,pin,clips.
for the guys that don't do facebook (don't worry your not missing much. this is still the place to be...lol) i thought you tecumseh guys would like to see this. and yes they don't give them away.
hs40 .020.PNG
$89.00

Nice! Too bad the piston was not machined for modern thin rings to reduce friction.

As for the price, thats pretty decent compared to the KTM 400 piston & rings I just purchased for $200.

Aren't most of the HS pistons hard chromed (the dull grey on them) to run in the high silicon aluminum bores? If the new ones are aluminum and not plated then they would only work on a steel sleeved motor.

delray

Aren't most of the HS pistons hard chromed (the dull grey on them) to run in the high silicon aluminum bores? If the new ones are aluminum and not plated then they would only work on a steel sleeved motor.
from looking at the picture ole4 they look shinny. what does that kind of tell you. most pistons i see made like that are a silicon base unless it's some kind of plating? picture not the best.

It appears they are not plated. I think the flash plating occurs after piston is finish ground. Maybe the finished product will be plated. They also appear to use the the earlier thick rings.