New Idea for Ratbike Fenders

jeep4me

I found something at the scrapyard recently that I think would make some pretty cool fenders for a rat bike. More to follow.....

Any inventive fender ideas out there??

T-Town Mini

I made this front fender for a DB30 out of some scrap pieces cut off of another fender. It's just two ends reshaped and joined together so, it's not really all that original.
It's coated with truck bed liner which gives it a matte finish. It came out looking ok...albeit abbreviated.

What are you making your fenders from?

jeep4me

I made this front fender for a DB30 out of some scrap pieces cut off of another fender. It's just two ends reshaped and joined together so, it's not really all that original.
It's coated with truck bed liner which gives it a matte finish. It came out looking ok...albeit abbreviated.

What are you making your fenders from?
That's a nice looking rehashed fender.

The fenders I'm hoping to make, won't look near that good. Just using something that is already shaped and formed correctly as fender. Even though it's intended purpose couldn't be any further away. Pictures will speak for themselves.

T-Town Mini

T-Town that fender looks shape like the bedliner coating idea, may try that on my Cat project..:scooter:
I also used the spray-on coating for the footpegs, too.

I've been looking into using rubberized additives to mix with paint for a future project in order to add texture as well as grip to surfaces.

jeep4me

Well, here they are....snare drum shells....:laugh:

I couldn't resist getting them. They looked like great fender material.

I picked up three of them and was told that the guy who scrapped them has plenty more where these came from. So my hopes is that I can snag some more.

I probably could get 3 fenders out of one ring, but this one I was only able to get 2 1/2.

I think it looks pretty good. These are just the right arc for 6" wheels.

Way to go Jeep !

That was pleasantly surprising !

I first looked at those shells and thought...I don't know.....

But once you worked your cutting, polishing, and mounting magic, that fender looks bad as heck !

Matter of fact, I'd run that fender for sure !

Keep up the good work...I love repurposed stuff.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Kinda Kool, how wide are they?

Was it too much bother to remove the drum hardware, as I see you left it on?

I've seen some use plastic ditch culvert, cut up and used for fenders.

jeep4me

Kinda Kool, how wide are they?

Was it too much bother to remove the drum hardware, as I see you left it on?

I've seen some use plastic ditch culvert, cut up and used for fenders.
These fenders are about 5.5" wide and the hardware is only held on by a couple small screws. I left the hardware on because I thought it looked better.

The Harrison I recently picked up has the outer portion of a car tire, sidewalls cut off, used as a rear fender. Doesn't get much more durable then that.

markus

Find an old school "Mr. Microphone", mount a cymbal to your helmet, optional bugle horn on the handlebars, trumpet pipe for exhaust like one of minibikin's creations, bass drum pedal assy for the scrub brake....and you can become a one man band :biggrin:

I like that idea, Steve. I read on here somewhere where someone used an old "continental spare tire cover" and cut it to size. You know, those old chrome beauty rings that typuically go on the back of older vans that hole the spare tire.

just a thought
Pat