New in crate 1979 YAMAHA RD400F

$21,:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut: WOW,,, I had a new 72 Yamaha 175 enduro 2 stroke back in the day , use to sit and traffic light and wind the motor up to hear it go rrr ding ding ding . dang i was a ding ding for selling it :eek:ut:

No sh-t post some pics . A friend of mine when i was in high school had a KAW 750 triple with pipes on it , now that was bad asss .
I'll post up in another thread with them, I also have a 74 HD Sx250 cherry condition never started since the restore years ago. Its on display up in my shop wall :)
you can barely see the t-500 behind the shelves

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I bought this 77 new in 78 for $1200, a "friend" wrecked it, and I updated it when I put it back together, I wouldn't mind having it back but I weigh probably 50lbs. more now, and weight made a huge difference in performance on these bikes.
$21 large is an obscene amount to pay for a 79, I dont care if it's original and still in the crate!

I bought this 77 new in 78 for $1200, a "friend" wrecked it, and I updated it when I put it back together, I wouldn't mind having it back but I weigh probably 50lbs. more now, and weight made a huge difference in performance on these bikes.
$21 large is an obscene amount to pay for a 79, I dont care if it's original and still in the crate!
2 years ago it was not for sale at any price!!!
Found: 1979 Yamaha 400F ? Brand New and Still in its Crate!