New kind of #35 chain master link...or what?

I ordered some master links on eBay. The photo in the auction shows the kind of master links I have been using for the past 35+ years of my life as a gasoline-powered toy enthusiast.

What the seller sent were these below, like some weird form of link that I guess would work, but all of the strength lies in that hair-thin cotter pin you see.

Do I have a legit alternative to the traditional master link, or should I complain to eBay about it?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
complain to your seller about it. If not fixed by them, then to pay-pal & e-bay.

If that's your auction above, they sent the wrong part.

I ordered some master links on eBay. The photo in the auction shows the kind of master links I have been using for the past 35+ years of my life as a gasoline-powered toy enthusiast.

What the seller sent were these below, like some weird form of link that I guess would work, but all of the strength lies in that hair-thin cotter pin you see.

Do I have a legit alternative to the traditional master link, or should I complain to eBay about it?
no,you got screwed thats a half link and the auction pic clearly shows a full link.
and youll get your refund back if you demand it from paypal.
next time,before you buy,always Read the sellers Feedbacks,no matter how high their ratings are.

this guy is a perfect example,hes a 98% right?
seems good right?
but when you look Closer,hes got 36 Negatives in the past 12 months,almost all are for..you ready for this..?
sending wrong part/not replying to email/no communication.

youll probably get to add to that list too,with your feedback....

WrenchDad

That's a half link.... not a master link.
Correct and yes that will work as a substitute to a master link but it will change your chain length. Typically they are used to make small changes in length due to stretch or lack of available adjustment.

matt2

Hi wjustice I have never used a half link. After looking at the picture the half link it must be an extension of the master link, right?

wjustice

The large RTS trikes from Alsport all used half links. This is from a lack of good design and adjustment. Really a "link" is 2 side plates and 3 bushings long. Because when you brake a chain you must remove in multiples of 2 to leave the narrower sections for the master to connect. If your chain is too loose with all adjustment used then you remove 2 plate sections and leave the narrow ends. Sometimes this is too short and this is where a half link works. I dont believe they are as strong as without them and the cotter pin can wear and separate breaking the chain.