New kitty

Hello mini bike folk,
Ive just acquired a 1968 Skat kitty with 6D stamped above kickstand. Love at first sight IS possible, i knew it.lol
The 4 big undisclosed scratches i can shake off. The missing kill switch and handlebar clips are disappointing but oh well. The bent/warped sprocket is another deal altogether. It instantly throws the chain off.
4inch 2 piece wheel and the 48 tooth sprocket and combined drumb brake is what i currently have.
Can an expert straighten these sprockets or do they just break? Is there a special place on the planet that may have a replacement?
Any advice or suggestions that leads to her getting roadworthy will be rewarded with a small testride. Ha

I've tried twice to upload her pics. No go. I tink i to new yet.

Harquebus

I posted the rear wheel/sprocket question in the wanted section. Should i be using another area of the forum?
You should have posted THIS thread in the mini bike forum. I don't see how this is off-topic. :eek:ut:

If you posted wanting a new sprocket in the Wanted forum, then Bravo.

You should have posted THIS thread in the mini bike forum. I don't see how this is off-topic. :eek:ut:

If you posted wanting a new sprocket in the Wanted forum, then Bravo.
After I registered, there was a yellow box near the top of every page urging me to post an introduction in Off Topic Discussion; after I did so, the nagging yellow box was gone. This thread was the OP's first post.

Hello, Dodgeville! Search "Scat Kitty" using the search feature near the top of the page; you will find some Scat Kitty history and restorations. Yours looks good! Looking at your sprocket picture in the wanted section (seeing it is basically a ring), I'm thinking you may be able to straighten it using a Crescent wrench. Adjust the wrench to where it fits snugly and work your way around, pushing/pulling as needed; be careful to not bend the brake drum. Check often using a straightedge. If the sprocket ring is just tack welded to the brake drum, you might break some tacks. Another option would be to find a new sprocket the same size (chain size and tooth count) and have a machine shop cut the center out to fit the drum.

I, for one, would like to see some pics of your Yamahas. RZ350? Can't see much of the tracker's engine; I know most of them are XS650s, but it looks like there are cooling fins too high on the head for an XS650...

Is that Wile E Coyote lurking in the shadows?

Thanks a ton for the tips. I'm taken it to a guy to try the heat and bend technique. It's really only one spot throwin the chain. My guess is the brakes got hot and warped the drum and sprocket. Anywho I'll post results.
Yup the yellow box made me do it here.
Charles you have some eyes of knowledge. The tracker is a 74 tx 500. Funny you mention the xs 650, I've been trying to figure out if i could swap that in when TX goes south.
The 85 RZ has the spec 2 kit on it. Thought it was fast till i got the KH 500.
No on Coyote/Roadrunner ,yes on Charger. She is match # 440/727 R/T. Factory sleeper as stripes were a delete option.

Guess i should mention the 54k 21ft 1969 dodge Travco. Also a 350 hp Subaru powered Dena from one of a kind. Oh and a
68mph CSS 19. CA plated CR 500 as well.lol

Thats our resident Dingo dog.lol. Didn't notice he photobombed me.(that look he has kills me.haha) He is a Basenji. Bout as smart as a 6yr old child. Let's us know when deer are by road when we drive that fiberglass motorhome at night. Amazing hound.

Yup same car. He'd been beaten up by Craigslist so bad that he just gave in.Started at 13grand and i bought it for 6500.lol Angry seller! My daughter and i giggled the whole way home.

Thats our resident Dingo dog.lol. Didn't notice he photobombed me.(that look he has kills me.haha) He is a Basenji. Bout as smart as a 6yr old child. Let's us know when deer are by road when we drive that fiberglass motorhome at night. Amazing hound.
Yeah, it was the intense expression that caught my attention; looks like he's stalking your Kitty!