New member from SD with a fox

Hey guys,
Ive been reading this forum for ideas on and off for a year or so, I figured it was finally time to make an account.

dreGDEz.jpg

Ive had this old Fox minibike since I was 6, and much like a certain Johnny Cash song, have been building it one piece at a time ever since. My dad and I fixed it up and replaced the HS40 with a clapped out briggs, and for a good while it stayed in that shape, until 4 or 5 years ago, when I fixed up the old tecumseh and put it back on. The fuel tank is off some random lawnmower that I picked up from a small engine shop. My dad had the seat reupholstered 16 years ago, and its been parked inside ever since. That woke it up nicely, but I never could get the carb set right. For a while I had it rigged up to run on fuel vapor, but as I lost interest in that project, it sat around for about a year. After that I bought a predator 212 for it, and with the original gearing it would flip over backwards from a standstill, and do a wheelie at any speed. Fun as it was, I swapped the sprockets around on the jackshaft, and now while it is a little gutless starting off uphill, it screams along at 43 mph top speed. Ill probably change the gearing again to bring it down a little later. A few months ago I put on all the parts to make it street legal (minus a title or bill of sale), and made a battery for it out of disassembled laptop batteries. With the quick n dirty math Ive done, that battery pack will power the LED work light I use as a headlight for a little over 3.5 hours, or with the headlight off (just powering the brake light, blinkers, and horn), days. I also rigged up a band brake over the clutch to slow it down, as the rear disk brake was pretty clapped out. The only problem with that is if I lose the chain, Im free wheeling.

Yesterday I modified the swing arm to fit a larger tire, and put some fresh rubber on it. I had to remove the rear fender for clearance. Today I plan on studding the tires with 3/8" Kold Kutters, so I can take it ice fishing this weekend.

Im unsure what year it is, or what model, as there arent many original pieces left. Im pretty sure its either a trail tramp or street scamp. It came with knobby tires and a rear brake, but no front. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Ive been reading this forum for ideas on and off for a year or so, I figured it was finally time to make an account.

View attachment 93124

Ive had this old Fox minibike since I was 6, and much like a certain Johnny Cash song, have been building it one piece at a time ever since. My dad and I fixed it up and replaced the HS40 with a clapped out briggs, and for a good while it stayed in that shape, until 4 or 5 years ago, when I fixed up the old tecumseh and put it back on. The fuel tank is off some random lawnmower that I picked up from a small engine shop. My dad had the seat reupholstered 16 years ago, and its been parked inside ever since. That woke it up nicely, but I never could get the carb set right. For a while I had it rigged up to run on fuel vapor, but as I lost interest in that project, it sat around for about a year. After that I bought a predator 212 for it, and with the original gearing it would flip over backwards from a standstill, and do a wheelie at any speed. Fun as it was, I swapped the sprockets around on the jackshaft, and now while it is a little gutless starting off uphill, it screams along at 43 mph top speed. Ill probably change the gearing again to bring it down a little later. A few months ago I put on all the parts to make it street legal (minus a title or bill of sale), and made a battery for it out of disassembled laptop batteries. With the quick n dirty math Ive done, that battery pack will power the LED work light I use as a headlight for a little over 3.5 hours, or with the headlight off (just powering the brake light, blinkers, and horn), days. I also rigged up a band brake over the clutch to slow it down, as the rear disk brake was pretty clapped out. The only problem with that is if I lose the chain, Im free wheeling.

Yesterday I modified the swing arm to fit a larger tire, and put some fresh rubber on it. I had to remove the rear fender for clearance. Today I plan on studding the tires with 3/8" Kold Kutters, so I can take it ice fishing this weekend.

Im unsure what year it is, or what model, as there arent many original pieces left. Im pretty sure its either a trail tramp or street scamp. It came with knobby tires and a rear brake, but no front. Any ideas?
Trail FX. If no front brake and single clutch