New member - Gemini Owner

G'day folks - just signed up on this site - am very excited to have found people who actually know what a Gemini is and who own, have owned and restored these great little bikes. I bought mine - an SST 50 - for way too much a few months back - have spent many cold evenings in the shed stripping, cleaning and manufacturing bits and have finally got it going. Thanks to Minidoodle for a copy of the manual.

I have had much 'fun' getting the gear selector to work properly and have some way to go yet. It still gets stuck on the way up through the gearbox. Some phillistine had filed the teeth off and I'm slowly tweaking them after having them rebuilt.

I have a plan to build a new selector using the same basic design and a plan to build another completely different type which I have never seen on any other Hodaka type gearbox description. Anyone tried this or intereted?

I look forward to gleaning information from this site and sharing anything I learn which may be useful to others.

Cheers
Phil, Taupo NZ

Welcome NZGemini : I did a google search of New Zealand and found your home town, man that is one big lake you live by. I have frends who were in Christ Church but moved to a small town called Lyttelton,. Phil your project sounds like it should work. Some day I hope to make it to New Zealand for a visit.
Steve Durham :scooter:

1970 gemini sst50

hi...I also have a gemini and my gear selector thingy is broken where it bolts to the engine. Any chance you know where to get one or have you had luck fixxing??do you have pics of your bike???
Have you any idea of the value on these bikes??

mybiz

your gear thingy :confused: Are you talking about the shift lever or are you talking about your shifter rod :confused: take a close up pic its just so much easier to help you out

70'GEMINI SST50..............Im more looking for a value for a restored or an original bike?I cant find any for sale/sold anywhere to compare? Im looking forward to restoring it abit. This hobby i can include the kids in. if they touch my Mopar i tend to get mad.

mybiz

We cant give you a value its worth what a buyer is willing to give and what the seller will accept. but you cant put a price on spending time with the family.