New Member // New Doodle Bug

Hey y'all! New to the forum here and, thanks to a Youtube "recommended" mini bike video that popped-up a couple weeks ago, I've decided to relive some fond old memories from my childhood.

When I was four, my dad built me a little mini with a 2.5hp Tecumseh and boy did I have fun on that thing. That little bike led to a lifelong love of anything with two wheels and I've been a serious rider ever since.

Anyway, I was looking for a Murray Track 2 but came across this little Bug that I couldn't resist. Has a 212 Hemi Predator that's just stock and that's likely the way I'll leave it. It's plenty fast for now, anyway. The day after I purchased the bike, a Track 2 came up on a local trade site that my business partner ended-up picking up. I really had to have one after riding his and found a decent one a few days later, ironically. Will be rebuilding/customizing that one and will post photos elsewhere on that.

I absolutely love the Bug, though. Bought it as you see it in the photos. Nothing wrong with it at all, other than the right side foot peg is slightly bent. Easy fix if I can find my blow torch!

Baja Doodle Bug 2.jpg
Baja Doodle Bug 1.jpg

Welcome aboard Mongo , and that's one cool DB you have there !
Thanks, OND! Wish I could take credit for the overall design, but I can't -- I bought it that way. I took the chain guard off the other day to inspect the clutch and noticed an engraving on it that was done by a machine. It's so lightly done that you have to look very, very closely at it. It reads as follows:

US ARMY
TANK DESTROYER

It's pretty squirrelly with all that relative power with such a short little wheel-base. I've already had it wheelie out from under me, I ran it into a chain-link fence behind my garage (brakes needed...uhhh, well, a little adjusting don't ya know...), and had it fishtail out from under me twice in the yard.

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about the fiendish attitude into which I morph every time I get on that little bug. I'm serious about this. My grin gets so big that all my teeth show; my nostrils flare and the whites of my eyes show all around like the many hospital delivery horses I've ridden in my life; and a shrill cackle fills the air as I ride full throttle down the street. I wonder if it's me or just coincidence that my neighbors on both sides and the one across the street are selling their houses...