New Member, Some advice greatly appreciated!

Hello All!
I am new to mini bikes and this forum. I have been told this is the place to go for guidance and a good support system if getting into the hobby.

I have no experience in building mini bikes but would really like to build one from a kit. A problem I may have is that i am 6 ft tall and between 250-300 lbs.

Are there any kits out there that I can work with? are there any write ups on this forum I can reference for a step by step walk through? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

trinik7597

You live in mini bike land !!! Michigan is loaded with bikes .. my advice would be forget the kit and find a old bike that needs some work something bigger like a Bonanza or trail horse .. either of these bikes and many more are nice riders for big guys

Welcome and yes you live in mini bike heaven , We don't know how old you are or what type of riding you'll be doing ?? Suspension is a must have for us old guys if you ride off road at all . If only street cruising then it's not as important , Bad Dog makes a bigger wheeled kit that isn't too bad , google it but Like Trinik said you have a lot of nice vintage stuff up north to choose from !!

You live in mini bike land !!! Michigan is loaded with bikes .. my advice would be forget the kit and find a old bike that needs some work something bigger like a Bonanza or trail horse .. either of these bikes and many more are nice riders for big guys
Welcome and yes you live in mini bike heaven , We don't know how old you are or what type of riding you'll be doing ?? Suspension is a must have for us old guys if you ride off road at all . If only street cruising then it's not as important , Bad Dog makes a bigger wheeled kit that isn't too bad , google it but Like Trinik said you have a lot of nice vintage stuff up north to choose from !!
Sorry...we are fresh out of mini bikes. A kit seems more logical of a choice.

I second the Bad Dog frame at least. Mine was a bit rough but clean up wasn't that bad and a great place to start.
Take a look at mine I am 6' and was about 240 when I built it and it is very comfortable.
Plus the balloon tires add some cushion.