New member with a Yankee Boss

Hello all,

I couldn't find an introduction section, please feel free to move if it is in the wrong section.

Last summer a friend and former coworker contacted me with the best sort of offer; 'Would you like a free bike?'
Her boyfriend bought this new in 1971(?) and had kept it through the years. As he was loading it on the truck to go
to the scrapyard, she thankfully stopped him. I haven't done much with it yet, the engine is free with great compression.

I was hoping someone could guide me on the starting procedure?

Thanks,

Jon

IMG_20190504_154558.jpg

old shed finds

Hello and Welcome..
Your manual you might search Ebay ..

Going to scrap yard ?? That makes all of us frown... That's a neat bike ..It will be neat to see it fixed up...

I haven't had any hits from Ebay searches yet, but one never knows...

The previous owner is a really nice guy, he has been recovering from cancer and wanted to downsize. He honestly didn't believe anyone would actually want it.

I hope to get it running by the summer, maybe do a clean up but more or less leave it as is.

Hi Jon, I also have a Boss mini. For parts try NEVC they have some NOS parts and parts catalogs. I too have not found a owners manual. I trying to get mine back to 100% original, so if you ever decide to change things up or part out let me know i would be interested in your handle bars. Steve

It's not running at this time, doing a complete rebuild and having the motor rebuilt. still gathering parts. Ill let you know what extras i have when I'm finished. You may be able to use them

contact hondanuts.com (northeast vintage) they have NOS parts. you may need to tell them which motor you have (turbo or fan). I'm still looking for fenders and handlebars if you know of any. Good luck Steve