Greetings ,
I am a new member , My story is this Back in the 60's I had a Sears mini bike.It was called a Sears Rancher . Its has a stiff front fork Rear shocks attached to the seat .In other words pretty plain. Now that I am 50 I want this bike again . This spring I found one same color same bike really . Well Its down right trashed but its what I have found so far . The original engine is on it 143 548102 3 hp tecumseh.That said the frame is broke so it needs to be brazed back .The gas tank is spent . I can fix that , The throttle control handle grip cable etc all missing . The scrub brake is wore out . Seat is shot. You name it its either broken ,Missing or shot. I could probably find a better one and fix it up cheaper . But this is what I plan to restore back to its luster. I fix engines as a hobby so I can handle that . I found all sorts of minibike parts on the internet scrub brakes ,seat ,twist grips, shocks, etc. seems about everything I will need is available .The forks on this thing is bent back about 2 inches . I have no idea if i can press them back to where they are suppose to be. Well I live in Ma. If anyone has a sears mini bike they would like to post or have one thats a better frame feel free to contact me . Thanks for letting me join My contact email is Shawsplace56@aol.com

Hent

Welcome to the forum. You can take a look in the Photo Album (top of the page) a few members have posted thier sears mini bikes in there.

Sounds like you've got quite a project ahead of you... any pics of it yet?

No pic's yet to embarrased really to show it to anyone. she is really ugly in her present form. I have to learn to navigate the site here to find others photos Etc. Any idea who made these bikes for Sears? I think the source code is 803 or 802 not that it makes any difference who made it . Thanks Kevin

kbs8ball

I believe Roper made some of the sears bikes...I have a sears mini but its the one with the pivoting motor mount/swing arm...Welcome to the forum !!!

These were made by Bird Engineering:

Hey that is the photo I have on my desktop !!!!!! And it is like mine except I have a chrome Chain guard. Thanks for the tip on Bird Engineering . I guess I am trying to relive my youth . I can wait to take mine up the driveway. This may be a long ways off . Is your chain Guard original? Thanks Kevin

GEW

It is a picture I found on the internet. Mine was a bright lime green with a chrome guard. I think the handle bars were painted but I maybe confusing them with my brother's bike(this happens with age). Some day I will have another.

GW