New Memeber & New Bike!

Howdy fellas, I've been lurking on the forum for a few months now trying to get as educated as possible to finally make a purchase! Well I really wanted a mini bike to ride at the beach and at a few ranches I usually go to so my main "need" was a full suspension bike. I'd looked all over my local craigslist for bikes but could not find anything worth spending money on. I really liked the style of the baja motorsports bike - bigger bike and frame - did I meantion I am also 6'3"!!

Well then I saw the "military" style painted Trailmaster MB200 on the forum a while ago. loved the look of the bike. So I ended up purchasing the trailmaster from FamilyGoKarts.com. I had read a few threads saying that they were "iffy". Let me tell you that the customer service that I received was Top Notch. Jeff at FamillyGoKarts responded to all emails promptly, even on a Sunday night. Shipping was fast! Ordered on a Sunday night and the bike was at the house the next Thursday at 2pm. If anyone needs a bike, like this, I highly recommend them.

I attached the bike to this so I'm hoping this works!!

After a few rides, I was able to get most of the kinks out of the bike. I ran it for about 30 minutes just puttin around and will do an oil change tonight before riding again. So far, everything has met my expectations... Now all my neighbors are upset cause they want one!

Hey Anfee! Welcome to OldMiniBikes, looks like you gotta nice bike there. Great platform for a lotta good riding and modifying. Are you gonna go with the military paint scheme? Cool bro! See ya out there:scooter:

Jbrocks - It will stay black for the time being. I want to get a few mods on the bike before I strip it down and repaint. First mod I am wanting is a TAV then a real gas tank. Not sure where to get the tank or if any tank will do. Later on down the road I will put some simple performance items on the engine. However, since it is a clone engine, does anyone have any recommendations on performance parts for the bike?

Question about performance parts for all you veterans out there - the 196cc engine on this bike would be considered a Honda Clone engine, am I correct?

I was looking at the "hop up kits" over at NRracing.com and when the time comes, I would be purchasing from there. Just want to be sure I am the RIGHT purchase. Believe it or not, I've been wrong before...but I think it was in a previous life :wink:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Welcome :thumbsup: Neat ride .

Your main concern with a live peanut tank will be length and height.

As well as the way it mounts. Most motorbikes, the tank is too long.

Lots use a HD Sportster fuel tank, good luck on this quest.

I have a Baja Heat and a Baja MB200 and both lack the rear suspension. It's not too bad on my back, but sometimes it does bug me a little. I'm seeing more and more photos of these and it's got me really wanting one. Keep us posted on any mods/upgrades you do.:pimp:

Ok so after about 3 weeks of riding the bike, I love it. Uses barely any gas and has kept me grinning since day 1.

few questions for you experienced peeps out there:
1 - the bike does not coast at all. When I let off the gas, bike immediately slows. Are these centrifugal clutches supposed to operate in that manner?

2 - I'm now looking for more speed and torque out of the engine. To my understanding a TAV would get the torque part of the equation, however, what would yall recommend for the speed? Would you rather build a predator engine or use the 196cc clone that is alrady on the bike?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
The BIG lug tires will slow tour roll pretty muck on their own but,
Check for brake drag, could be set a bit to tight. Also gat wheel(s) off the
ground an check free spin. You may have a bearing going bad?

More speed, I'll let the experts chime in.

Just getting a 212 will make things better

Ok so after about 3 weeks of riding the bike, I love it. ......has kept me grinning since day 1.

few questions for you experienced peeps out there:
Hello Anfee,

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes.

Glad you like your bike...it is very nice.

1 - the bike does not coast at all. When I let off the gas, bike immediately slows. Are these centrifugal clutches supposed to operate in that manner?

In looking at the pictures, i think this bike is equipped with a torque-converter...:shrug:...when you let off the gas on a torque-converter, the bike slows down...the system acts similar to an automatic transmission, and begins to 'gear down' as you let off the gas.

2 - I'm now looking for more speed and torque out of the engine. To my understanding a TAV would get the torque part of the equation, however, what would yall recommend for the speed? Would you rather build a predator engine or use the 196cc clone that is alrady on the bike?

Like I mentioned above, I think this bike already has a torque converter on it :thumbsup:

You more experienced folks correct me if need be, but the way I understand it, with a torque converter, you get the best of both worlds...lots of torque for low end pull, and lots of top end speed, once you've wound it out.

Again, welcome to the OldMiniBikes !!! Have fun !

The BIG lug tires will slow your roll pretty quick........
........brake drag, could be set a bit to tight. Also get wheel(s) off the
ground an check free spin. You may have a bearing going bad?

More speed.......
X2 on above. esp wheel bearings. not best quality.
speed, get a TAV. i have a Honda GX390 but required a bit of modification to fit.

rugblaster

Welcome......Lots of good places to ride down there and it would be a blast on the beach. A Comet converter looks like a good pick for that unit. And lots of Slime in the tires. Everything around here has thorns on it including the animals.