New Motovox MBX10 build...

Daniel Coop

My special "mile high" jet set.

Had a hard time picking between red and silver for the tin work. My wife suggested red, and I am kinda glad she did now.

Daniel Coop

Nice work Daniel! I like the look. That's one lucky kid too! When does he finally get to see it?
They're wanting it this weekend, but I have a few parts for it that have yet to show up. Had ordered one of the trick clone throttle kits for it, but the stock throttle plate works great and now done, it's one less loose end to tie up when everything else gets here. Made the throttle rod and return spring out of the original governor/throttle rod and spring.
The motor looks done, but the sidecover is still off the backside, because I am still waiting for the cam. It is done, except to stuff the cam in and adjust the valve lash...

Daniel Coop

Much debate on the right way to install the larger 196-212cc motors in these bikes. I use the adapter plates, mostly for their adjustability, but they do help reinforce the chincy motor plates on DB's. The Motovox's have a much thicker and stronger motor plate, so it doesn't need the extra reinforcement, but once you go swapping around gears, clutches, motors, wheels etc, you'll be glad you have that side to side adjustability. Makes it quite easy to get your chain lined up perfectly and tensioned too.

Daniel Coop

Not sure how rough the terrain is that you ride on - but have you ever had an issue with the plate moving on you?
Only when I didn't get the bolts tightened down good enough. I take my daughter's Motovox on trail rides around here often because of it's front and rear suspension. Some of it is pretty rough, and I can't take any other bike on it, because it just beats the crap outta you and the bike, but I have yet to have any issues.

Only when I didn't get the bolts tightened down good enough. I take my daughter's Motovox on trail rides around here often because of it's front and rear suspension. Some of it is pretty rough, and I can't take any other bike on it, because it just beats the crap outta you and the bike, but I have yet to have any issues.
Interesting. I have been debating using one but I doubt it would hold up in my situation. Our bike aren't pretty because they live a rough life...

Daniel Coop

Interesting. I have been debating using one but I doubt it would hold up in my situation. Our bike aren't pretty because they live a rough life...
I guarantee it would work just fine. The PMR plate comes with really nice grade 8 hardware. The way it bolts up and locks in the plate and motor is really nice. It's a quality product. I honestly wouldn't do a DB without one, but the Motovox frames seem to be a bit stronger and thicker. I'm telling you though, that side to side adjustability is priceless if you change shit around on your bikes like I do. Mine are constantly evolving and or changed around to suit my needs.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Goodies from OldMiniBikes Warehouse showed up this afternoon...

Why a non Hemi Predator? Because I didn't want to remove the crank and shave it to clearance a cam. Yes, the Hemi has it's advantages, but to stay in budget and on time for this circumstance, the non Hemi was perfect.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Down to loose ends... But I'm exhausted and scatterbrained​. Try to get it all buttoned up tomorrow morning, so I can have a couple/few hours to test for "quality control" lol. The clutch cover is supposed to be here tomorrow too, so hopefully I can get it painted and installed and get this bike picked up and paid on Sunday.

Daniel Coop

Connected the kill switch, bled the newly assembled hydraulic brake system, ran and route my throttle cable and brake line this morning.

Using a 3 stage center exit RLV mini bike header from NR Racing...

I then added oil and gas and I shit you not, this motor fired on the first pull.
https://youtu.be/zgdOzj8xJTI

Daniel Coop

you did a fantastic job making thes old store bought look very unique good job!
Thanks man, that's what I strive for!
Clutch cover showed up today, so I hit the bracket with a little black engine enamel before bolting it to the small block.

I then took apart the brand new Max Torque clutch and replaced the spring with the green 2550RPM stall spring
before installing it and a RLV gold chain cut to length on the bike.

Paint is drying on the clutch cover still.
What a fun little bike. That combo of gear with that torquey CL1 is about perfect. Definitely will be sad to see this one go...

Daniel Coop

Came out good again Coop! Is this the one for the ten year old kid? Something tells me he's going to have to arm wrestle his dad for it.
Thanks Dave. I think you're right. The guy is already talking about having me do another one for him. He seemed even more excited about it than his son.
[MENTION=57637]moetrout[/MENTION], a bunch of the graphics I use are created by the artist who's known by my same last name, Coop. (No relation)
Took the finished bike out to ride yesterday with the Denver Mini Bike crew. It needed a good test ride anyway, before I handed it over...Watch "#Denver#minibike#212cc#crusing" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/-0sSC7jCNzE
This video was made by my buddy Walter with his GoPro.