new mtd project

here is the pic of the headlight bucket when i started

here is me working hard on it

and here is almost finished iam gonna paint this one just wanted to show people that with a little work they can save money

btw yes my room is a mess

delray

hey jesse8931,i remember you talking about a mtd that you had and the body went over your frame. kind of like my bird did. must of been the red bike you where talking about? have you seen one all complete. here is one. look at the bottom page and you can see it. also this page has a nice complete orange model too
http://www.minidoodle.com/id206.htm

If your driven pulley is tapered the same amount on each side, you use a 20 series drive clutch. If the inner one is closer to flat, you use a 30 series. Theres a chart on the gocart supply co. website for belt length. It's determined by the size of the driven clutch and center to center distance of your two shafts.

delray

hey jesse8931,if you are trying to restore your orange mtd and thinking about using the original style torque converter cover. you want to go with a 20's converter with a rear 6in pulley. this is the same size as the original v-plex unit that came with the bike and will fit under the original torque-converter cover.
:scooter:........................

I have a large-frame MTD with the round tube front suspension. Mine has no bodywork, lights, rear brake, or engine --->>> but it does roll.

I'm going to cut mine up and reuse the tubing. You can have it whole or any parts on it - for the shipping cost. If anyone has one of these big MTD's (fairly complete) I would consider buying it to help restore mine.