New need help vm22

Hey guys new here have a couple ? I have a robin ex17 6.5hp I made an intake to allow a real Mikuni VM22 it starts and idles fine and I can even work up to 1/2 throttle as soon as I hit full throttle it will die out, I’ve ordered jets just waiting for them to arrive the jets it came with are a 30 pilot and a 100 main, ive bought 12.5, 15, 17, and a 20 for the pilot and a 85, 90, 95, and a 125 for a main jet. I had a cheap Chinese knockoff which had a 80 main jet and the thing ran almost good it was lean on the main jet but ran, so I’m a little stumped here and could use a little help
Engine mods are exhaust and vm22

Last edited:
Usually people are around 17.5 on the pilot and 130 main on the real mikuni vm22-133. Try 17.5 and 125 main with needle clip in the middle and air screw 1.5-2 turns out.

I run 20 pilot with 125 main but my engine is far from stock and I swapped out the stock mikuni carb needles.

So I got it goin ended up with 20 pilot jet and 125 main jet moving the clip all the way to the bottom to get it to run full throttle think I still need a little larger on main jet! Now my next question is with the go kart bouncing around I’m leaking fuel out the overflow now I bent the tab up on the float some seemed to help, now should I bend it up more? Or is there a trick to this?