New/Old guy

Augiedoggie

Hi all. New member here from eastern PA. Checking in and sniffing around looking for ideas and wisdom. Just purchased my first mini bike at 69 years old. Bought and built many mini bikes and motorcycles for kids and grandkids but this is my first "me bike" I had been looking for many years for a mini bike that called me to it and recently stumbled on an older Fox mini that needed some TLC. Looking forward to sharing progress on the restoration project and welcome any input or suggestions from the group here. Best regards to all

Attachments

Augiedoggie

Hi all. New member here from eastern PA. Checking in and sniffing around looking for ideas and wisdom. Just purchased my first mini bike at 69 years old. Bought and built many mini bikes and motorcycles for kids and grandkids but this is my first "me bike" I had been looking for many years for a mini bike that called me to it and recently stumbled on an older Fox mini that needed some TLC. Looking forward to sharing progress on the restoration project and welcome any input or suggestions from the group here. Best regards to all
Wrong pic selected. Blue bike in background is my son's Muskin Cat. That's another story..

Attachments

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy the ride. Couldn’t help but notice the photos on the wall & the ice tires. Similar interests down here, in Millville, NJ. Good luck with the Sundowner. I’m a Fox fan as well, but mostly the spoked, flathead models. Try to make the Perkiomen Chapter Minibike meet in Oley, PA, this May, if you haven’t, already. Take Care.
-Thom

Augiedoggie

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy the ride. Couldn’t help but notice the photos on the wall & the ice tires. Similar interests down here, in Millville, NJ. Good luck with the Sundowner. I’m a Fox fan as well, but mostly the spoked, flathead models. Try to make the Perkiomen Chapter Minibike meet in Oley, PA, this May, if you haven’t, already. Take Care.
-Thom
Please share details of your mini bike event. I would be sure to attend. Thanks

FunWithStuff

Wrong pic selected. Blue bike in background is my son's Muskin Cat. That's another story..
Welcome to the site! Not sure what Cat model the blue bike is. Looks like it might be one of Cat's biggest models the Endura MX (R4015) of course it's been modified a lot but looks great! Would really like to see more pictures and stories about it!

Augiedoggie

Welcome to the site! Not sure what Cat model the blue bike is. Looks like it might be one of Cat's biggest models the Endura MX (R4015) of course it's been modified a lot but looks great! Would really like to see more pictures and stories about it!
Yessir. Purchased as a roller back in early 1980s and installed stock flathead Briggs for my son to ride. Couldn't leave it alone and cut it up and installed PA50 moped fork legs and Z50 swing arm and shocks. Flathead was tricked out with Horstsman billet rod and crank. Balanced rotating assembly and Horstman piston and Fire slot head. Horstman cam and valve spring kit and oversized valves and ported and relieved. Supertrapp exhaust and smaller 3hp flywheel and old style Comet drive system and homebrewed intake with kehin carburetor. Thing still runs pretty wicked. My boy takes it out every few years and rips around on it and brings it back to dad for service and storage. Still runs strong

FunWithStuff

Yessir. Purchased as a roller back in early 1980s and installed stock flathead Briggs for my son to ride. Couldn't leave it alone and cut it up and installed PA50 moped fork legs and Z50 swing arm and shocks. Flathead was tricked out with Horstsman billet rod and crank. Balanced rotating assembly and Horstman piston and Fire slot head. Horstman cam and valve spring kit and oversized valves and ported and relieved. Supertrapp exhaust and smaller 3hp flywheel and old style Comet drive system and homebrewed intake with kehin carburetor. Thing still runs pretty wicked. My boy takes it out every few years and rips around on it and brings it back to dad for service and storage. Still runs strong
Sorry picture didn't post last time View attachment 298323
What a great story! Thanks for sharing pictures it's a great looking bike!