New on here!

I'm new to this forum. I may have posted once before, I'm not 100% sure. My name is Seth and I'm from Nashville, TN. A couple of months ago i acquired 2 mini bikes ('66 Rupp Continental and a 60's? Cat 400ex) Neither of the mini's had a motor and only one was pretty much all there except the engine, sprocket caliper, and throttle. A couple weeks later I received a Manco that had been hacked up which came with 2 motors (Honda 5hp and a Power Sports 5hp). I have only really worked on the Manco since it was already chopped and hacked up. I would like to leave the Cat and the Rupp as original as possible. Any information on these mini's would be appreciated. I bought a couple Briggs flathead motors because I like the way they look over a new Predator. These are some pics of what I have currently.

IMG_5732.JPG IMG_5255.JPG IMG_5275.JPG

Attachments

Alex910

Looks like you have some great projects. I’m new here as well. I have a cat 400X. You may have some luck finding out what year yours is by looking at the front left corner of your engine mounting plate for a serial number. The first two digits are the year. I found out that mine is a 1970

old shed finds

I'm new to this forum. I may have posted once before, I'm not 100% sure. My name is Seth and I'm from Nashville, TN. A couple of months ago i acquired 2 mini bikes ('66 Rupp Continental and a 60's? Cat 400ex) Neither of the mini's had a motor and only one was pretty much all there except the engine, sprocket caliper, and throttle. A couple weeks later I received a Manco that had been hacked up which came with 2 motors (Honda 5hp and a Power Sports 5hp). I have only really worked on the Manco since it was already chopped and hacked up. I would like to leave the Cat and the Rupp as original as possible. Any information on these mini's would be appreciated. I bought a couple Briggs flathead motors because I like the way they look over a new Predator. These are some pics of what I have currently.

View attachment 244127 View attachment 244135 View attachment 244136
Good job on the flatheads idea keep it right....