New Powell Challenger

Hi All,

Just got this today and it looks very original with the exception of the paint color. After a short trip around the farm it was decided to do a complete tear down and restoration. The engine has been repainted except for a decal that says "Sold by Frankson's Scooter Mart, Glendale California".

I am looking for details on the engine speed adjuster. Mine is a piece of heavy rubber mat, is this proper?

The engine tag is Model 130202, Type 0216-01, Code 6807247. Could this be the original engine? If not what year is it.

Thanks,
Mike
Laharview Farm

Neck

Growing up is optional
That's a nice bike, and the tires look like they could be original with what I can see as very little wear, so hours on the engine are probably low as well! Glad to see it in good hands:thumbsup:

The tires do look original, have very little checking and are very serviceable.

This will be a replacement for a mini I built last year and was stolen at the July 2011 Elma WA tractor show.

Mike

Nice Challenger..
The piece of rubber that engages the shifter is mounted incorrectly..
It should be on TOP of the mini bikes backbone
Also the rear sprocket has been modified..

Mac

....Now if I could stumble on a twist throttle setup
for it at one of the numerous Swapmeets I attend.

....Whoopie ! 3000 posts for me.

Last edited:

george3

Hi All,

Just got this today and it looks very original with the exception of the paint color. After a short trip around the farm it was decided to do a complete tear down and restoration. The engine has been repainted except for a decal that says "Sold by Frankson's Scooter Mart, Glendale California".

I am looking for details on the engine speed adjuster. Mine is a piece of heavy rubber mat, is this proper?

The engine tag is Model 130202, Type 0216-01, Code 6807247. Could this be the original engine? If not what year is it.

Thanks,
Mike
Laharview Farm
the engine is dated to the bike 1968.