new predator 212 hemi with mods will not start, please help

So I bought a predator 212 hemi from HF. I removed the governor and the oil level sensor. Added a new air filter and muffler and put a new ngk spark plug in. add fuel and oil. Go to start it and I get nothing. I keep looking over it but I cant seem to find what I might be doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did the cam come out when you took the side cover off ? Disconnect all the kill switch wires. Fuel valve turned on ?

sorry if I sound dumb, new to working on small engines. haven't done much with them till now.
the plug is wet when I pull it out after a few pulls so I'm pretty sure it is getting fuel.
spark and compression are another story. I put a screwdriver in the boot to look for spark and it will spark on the first pull then nothing much after that.
compression is low I think, hooked up a gauge and only got 30 lbs.
all wires from the oil sensor are disconnected and I tried starting it with the switch unplugged and with it plugged in and the ground off like I had read in other forums.

the cam did come out when I was working on it, I reinstalled it with the dots together, that part I made sure of because I read a lot of similar post where that was the problem.

as for the governor being out, I am in the process of getting the parts needed to run with out the governor in, I'm am just trying to get the engine running right now before I move on with my project.

If the cam came out and you did put it dot to dot, could a push rod be off ? Might want to pull the valve cover....and compression will always be low on these engines be cause of the compression release built on the cam.

Turns out you were on the right track OND, popped the valve cover off and both push rods were off. Got them back on and set the valve Clarence and it started right up. Thanks for the help guys

Hey all. New to the forum and I'm having the same problem as the OP. I did the governor removal and had a washer get stuck behind the cam shaft so I pulled the cam to retrieve it. When I pulled the cam the lifters fell into the crank case and I just stuck them back in. I noticed both lifters were all the way up / flush when I put the cam back in. I lined up the dots on the cam when I re-installed it. Everything went back together fine. I also installed a mikuni 22 carb. Before I mounted the engine on the minibike, I tried starting it, it felt low on compression and wouldn't start. Does this sound like the rods are off on mine too?

Daniel Coop

Hey all. New to the forum and I'm having the same problem as the OP. I did the governor removal and had a washer get stuck behind the cam shaft so I pulled the cam to retrieve it. When I pulled the cam the lifters fell into the crank case and I just stuck them back in. I noticed both lifters were all the way up / flush when I put the cam back in. I lined up the dots on the cam when I re-installed it. Everything went back together fine. I also installed a mikuni 22 carb. Before I mounted the engine on the minibike, I tried starting it, it felt low on compression and wouldn't start. Does this sound like the rods are off on mine too?
Hell yes... Remove the valve cover and it'll be plain as day. I usually manage to wrestle them back in place without removing anything

Davis

I could help you out I'm sure I'm in kamas just up the hill from you.