New Predator idle issue

My 5th Predator Hemi in a new Gilson frame with OldMiniBikes band brake on motor, Hilliard clutch.

Bike broke in nicely, ran smooth, idled great. Then after about 3 or 4 hours of easy run time on
non-ethanol premium canned fuel........ it wont stay running at full “choke off” position.
Can keep it running with choke on, but that makes for sloppy throttle operation and erratic performance.

Thinking somehow dirt or obstuction in the carb......?

Purchased a new Predator replacement that is in the box, but soliciting opinions on what to check or look for
I do that. Cant believe it would fail so quicklybut who knows?
Any experiences like this?

I hate when new stuff doesnt work!

New predator engines, especially the carburetors, have some bits of casting sand left in them. Take your carb apart and clean every little orifice and circuit with cleaner and a shot of air. Wear safety glasses so carb cleaner doesn't get in your eyes:blink:.

GX200 idle screw.jpg

Also, take the idle screw out and pull the idle jet. It should just lift out. The idle screw might have a cap on it so just pry it off to reveal the Phillips underneath. Clean the jet and the place it sits in well.

Both above are good advice. I've had both occur. The idle jet is open to anything that can find it's way in there. Speck of dirt and it won't idle. Hung up clutch or too tight brake band will do just the same.

These engines run lean when stock, I ended up opening up both my bike's idle jets. If you add something like a header or better flowing air filter, it makes the problem even worse.