New project, almost a minibike

Hi guys/gals As BIGROBs older brother I have been lurking on here watching his builds, when I don't get over to see them live. After some prodding from him and Ron I got my self a project bike, while its not really a mini bike it kind of brushes the edge. Its a 1968 or maybe 66 Honda CT90. Anyway it should be a nice little project.:scooter: The bike when we picked it up and Rob already has his fingers in it:doah:

Hi guys/gals As BIGROBs older brother I have been lurking on here watching his builds, when I don't get over to see them live. After some prodding from him and Ron I got my self a project bike, while its not really a mini bike it kind of brushes the edge. Its a 1968 or maybe 66 Honda CT90. Anyway it should be a nice little project.:scooter: The bike when we picked it up and Rob already has his fingers in it:doah:
Oh man, great bike and welcome! That bike has a special place in my heart. In 1969, my father told me if I got an A and nothing below a C on my report card, he'd buy me a motorcycle. I made it, barely, and a 1968 CT 90 is what I got, with a big ass sprocket like yours has.

It didn't last long, (my father thought taking apart the transmission would somehow fix the valves) but it was my first bike.

Welcome. This is a great site. I love those Honda step-throughs. I have two C70s. Here's a link to a good forum for Japanese bikes.

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group

Thanks for the encouragement, have been on vacation at the cottage for the last two weeks. Rob brought the bike up and replaced the clutch with one he had in his parts stash. I cleaned the carb last week and last evening He adjusted the points and it has life. I had it for a few rides up and down the lane. :smile:

Ok, This is the trial run of the Honda,and Rob on the Yamaha he brought back from Windber.Hopefully the video works. :scooter:
click on the picture should open in photobucket

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Short bus special ? :doah:
So far it's been fun. Now I'm thinking about the next one, my wife saw a couple of scooters yesterday and wants one. If I show her the picture of Toms C70, I'm pretty sure that's what will be next.
I was referring to the womans comment at the end of the video.

Watch it to the end, camera is pointing to the ground and she says "thats special"

Update

Haven't checked out the site lately, as things got a little busy around here. Anyhow here's a quick update on my project. Engine is on the bench and I have rings, valves and a gasket kit ordered should tighten up the top end and get rid of the oily smoke. I have most of the frame torn down now for paint prep. The poor chrome will likely get some gloss black and met. silver for now. In the mean time my wife got a Tomos No-Ped that I get to drive around until mine is done.