New project

little help here... I'm looking at the aluminum wheels on hent.com but not sure what ones will work. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.... If not I'll fumble through it like always . It's a manco mini bike if that helps

nightgrider

little help here... I'm looking at the aluminum wheels on hent.com but not sure what ones will work. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.... If not I'll fumble through it like always . It's a manco mini bike if that helps
You should take measurements of your current wheels (Diameter, Width, Bearing size) that will help you pick wheels that will be a good replacement. Most older bikes use a 5/8 axel but you can measure the bearing in your current wheel to confirm.

Manco wheel sare no longer produced. A wanted ad in the classifieds here should get you what you need. Should be a 6" diameter...

Many bikes use a 6" diameter wheel, 3 or 4 inches wide, with a 5/8" diameter axle. Measure yours to be sure and then find some in the same size. You can get new ones right now. They won't look just like the old ones, but they will look nice and they'll work just fine. You can shop around for used wheels, but whatever you find will likely need some amount of restoration. New wheels come as a kit with fasteners and bearings included.

For new wheels I really like the Astro design. Tri-Star wheels are a bit less expensive, but not as attractive. Here is pricing from hent.com. You'll find similar pricing from lots of vendors online, but Hent's level of service is well known and will be attested to by many people on this site.

Wheels

Watch out on the "Tri-Star" wheels! (I speak from experience) Many of them do not run true and have a wobble which can cause problems with the rear sprocket/chain and drum brake performing correctly. Just a head's up...
Michael

pomfish

creia,
You kinda took the words out of my mouth.

Actually the words that came to mind were
"The old Tri-Stars were as true as my first girlfriend, the later ones were like the College girls I dated later" :)
Think the molds are just wore out of spec, new rims should not have that much run out.

As Always YMMV

Doc1976

Watch out on the "Tri-Star" wheels! (I speak from experience) Many of them do not run true and have a wobble which can cause problems with the rear sprocket/chain and drum brake performing correctly. Just a head's up...
Michael
In my experience I think every one of the tri stars wobble. However, with a little patience and effort you can get em straight. Mine all run true within a couple thousandths. A call to azusa got me started on how to do it a few years ago.