New project

I bought a 68 Taco 44 from one of the members. It's disassembled now and ready for restoration. As I make progress, I'll post some pics. This is the smallest project I've ever done.

I think I'll put the original pegs on. I put the forks in a rust vat and they cleaned up nice. I should get the engine started this week and be getting ready for paint in another week.

Hounddog

Very nice, great starter bike, looks really clean and straight right out of the box... Keep us in the loop as you progress....

HD

I welded on foot peg mounts tonight. I have a bent spot in the forks to fix tomorrow. I went to the paint store and picked up Plum crazy purple for the frame parts. If things go well, it will be in paint next week.

The UPS man delivered 3 boxes today. There will be a little bit of work done before monday. I don't have everything to finish it but I'm getting close. :smile:

This is my $500 rear sprocket. Not really. I ordered a new sprocket. I cut off the old unit. I put the hub in the lathe and turned the od of the flange until it was round and concentric. I put the new sprocket in the lathe and cut a counterbore to fit the flange on the brake drum. I cut the center out while on the lathe and pressed the sprocket on the flange. A few quick welds and I'm one step closer to riding. I cleaned up the brake and these 2 items are ready for paint.

I've made a little progress. I ended up making both axles and the countershaft. If you compare mine to hotrods, it's a restomod. The front axle is rifle drilled. I use 12 point fasteners when ever possible. I have a kill switch on the way. When it gets here, I'll install the engine. The only real task left is polishing the wheels. I know my pics are poor so be patient and I'll try to get some good ones when it's finished.

I've made a little progress. I ended up making both axles and the countershaft. If you compare mine to hotrods, it's a restomod. The front axle is rifle drilled. I use 12 point fasteners when ever possible. I have a kill switch on the way. When it gets here, I'll install the engine. The only real task left is polishing the wheels. I know my pics are poor so be patient and I'll try to get some good ones when it's finished.
:thumbsup: this build is so clean I'm drooling on my laptop.:laugh:

I tried polishing the wheels. I didn't like how it was going to end up. Too many places I couldn't get to. Tonight I glass beaded the wheels and painted them silver to match the engine. In a couple of days, this things going together. I hope all the neighbors are gone this weekend.:smile::drinkup: