New record low price for the HF 6.5?

I got the internet flyer for $75. I thought it was good deal but our local store was out. I asked my daughter to check her local Habour Freight at CSU. The clerk was showing off a little an sold it to her for $40.00.

She was even with her boyfriend. Bet I couldn't have got that deal.

george3

I got the internet flyer for $75. I thought it was good deal but our local store was out. I asked my daughter to check her local Habour Freight at CSU. The clerk was showing off a little an sold it to her for $40.00.

She was even with her boyfriend. Bet I couldn't have got that deal.

Send her over I want to buy a new car, lol

Harbor Freight Greyhound 6.5 Gas Engine - Item#66015

rumor has it the new low prices is to clear HF's inventory of all the Honda clone engines - they are going away for good. one can NOT purchase an extended warranty on these items either so that seems to sorta verify the rumor. sorta.

used the link above along with the SHOP20 discount code and picked up one for $59.99 plus $9.99 shipping.

better get 'em while you can boys ...

Last edited:

jplb70

rumor has it the new low prices is to clear HF's inventory of all the Honda clone engines - they are going away for good. one can NOT purchase an extended warranty on these items either so that seems to sorta verify the rumor. sorta.

used the link above along with the SHOP20 discount code and picked up one for $59.99 plus $9.99 shipping.

I just bought one from my local H.F. And they sold me the extended warranty (I went for the 1 year plan). And the sales rep told me they are clearing them out for a new line and if my engine needs to be replaced they will be swapping the old line for the equivelent new model.

I just bought one from my local H.F. And they sold me the extended warranty (I went for the 1 year plan). And the sales rep told me they are clearing them out for a new line and if my engine needs to be replaced they will be swapping the old line for the equivelent new model.
thanks! good to know ... :thumbsup:

Pretty decent price, but cash and carry worked even better! They would only let me buy 4 though, that day.

Odd that the 66015 is being shown as in-stores only, but the 66014 CARB-blessed engine is back to its $180 price without any restrictions. Maybe they will be phasing out the 49 state model to streamline inventory?

They have the California ones back up for 74.00, I put in the code and it went to 59 then 10.99 for shipping, final bill was 74.72 with tax. I am in Illinois, but the order went through, hopefully there isn't much difference in motors.

I think a lot of these motors will be clearanced on the 6/10-12 HF parking lot sale. Lots of weird things that have been discontinued get trotted out. If you are anInside Track Club member, you can start shopping at 0700 instead of with the unwashed masses at 0800.

I picked up an HF 2.5 motor for $50 on Sunday when I asked if there were any gas engines that were going to the Parking Lot sale.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Since nobody answered I'll ask again, is there a major difference between the California model and the regular one. From the basic research I found it just has a cat. converter on it. Is there any performance diff., or size diff.?