New Skool Brake Press

Scottessey

Hey Fellas, I was bending up some fixtures for a lighting company that we do work for and I thought I'd share the bending process. The videos don't show the setup involved (that would be a longer video) . But it shows automated sequence bending that is all programmable. Each bend has a value for the backgauge and for the depth of bend. The machine automatically goes to the next step when the one before it is completed. Anyhoo, this what I do about half of the time while I'm at work. The other half is usually spent drawing the programs to punch stuff like this in the first place. :thumbsup: The press is an Amada RG-5020, just in case you are looking for a way to spend your tax return. :laugh:

btw... I had to change the tooling to complete the part, see second vid.

Ready for welding! :weld:

Last edited:

Scottessey

Very cool. I'm a machinist, so I love this kind of stuff. Does it use standard M&G codes for the programming?
It's pretty simple. Each step requires you to set two fields just like you would the old manual brakes, only digital. You input a backguage number, and set the depth you want it to stop at. Then you can just string the steps together. I've probably had it up to 40 or 50 steps strung together. I learned on an old school Verson. We still have that one in the shop for the rare times when we need it. We call her grandma. :laugh: