New to building mini bikes

OK...so i got most of the wheelie bars done. I just ended up welding some nuts on the bars to put some clevis pins through. I was trying to find something U shaped to weld on.. but no go. I didnt feel like searching all day or surfing the net too long. After i drilled the wholes for the wheelie bars on the tabs i made( and almost popped a tire) i put it on and pushed the pins through.. had to do a little twisting to get it on. Now that its on i will finally weld on a cross piece to get it square with the bike tabs. All this took a while.. had to do a lot of bending and rebending to get things straight when i was originally welding it up.. i dont have a whole lot of tools at my disposal to keep everything straight. The pin by the chain is going to have to be cut shorter and double pinned. The best part is its removable and it doesnt make turning any harder. wheels are about 2 inches off the ground.

well.. there it is.. i think its done! If i change anything ill continue to update. still manages to throw some dirt from a stand still with the cheapo max torque clutch.
Id like to thank my job-for having all those days off, bad dog, robertskartshop.com, affordablegokarts.com, oldminibikes.com, nr-racing.com, ebay, and all the people that throw stuff away that can still be used!:laugh:

Last edited:
Someday i plan to update this thread... just waiting for time/money to get a good flywheel.. might try my hand at some pin striping as well?

45t

Tell me about the wheel/tire combo? Size, make & where they came from. The RWL tire in the back looks cool! I'd like to put them on one of my bikes.

Tell me about the wheel/tire combo? Size, make & where they came from. The RWL tire in the back looks cool! I'd like to put them on one of my bikes.
the size is 6/ 11-5. or 6 inches wide, over all dia. 11in and the wheel dia is 5 inch. the tire came with the frame/wheel package from baddog mini bikes. Im currently looking for some new tires with that tread..so far all i can find is the slicks.

Thats just cool. Bet ya have to hang on real tight. Great job. I am way out of your league. Someday maybe.
Thanks.. it was a premade frame i started with so i didnt have to be good with pipe bending and cutting. I bet you could do this with no problem. All i have to work with is a welder, some BASIC tools, a drill, and a metal cutter. I dont even have a bench to work on or a vise. and yea its def. a white knuckle ride.