New to forum, seeking info

Welcome to the madness Olslimpickins, great start, can't wait to see it up and runnin!
Be careful with this mini-bike Shtuff , it will turn into an addiction once you fall in the rabbit hole! Lol hence you've been warned.... unlike myself. I'll never see the light of day again lol ;)

Welcome, nice first vintage mini bike and it's a Bonanza!
Thanks!!

welcome to the forum, nice bike to get started with, enjoy.....
Ohhhh youuu betchaaa, cant wait to run around.

Welcome to the madness Olslimpickins, great start, can't wait to see it up and runnin!
Be careful with this mini-bike Shtuff , it will turn into an addiction once you fall in the rabbit hole! Lol hence you've been warned.... unlike myself. I'll never see the light of day again lol ;)
Thank you.

Hahaa, ok, i already kinda have that bug.

I mostly collect small engines and ive been wanting an oldie mini that's bigger, i have another frame that seems to small for as tall as i am but i havent spent any time removing whatever paints on it.

See it's already started... run... run... run for your life Olslimpickins sir!

You found the place to hang out, the wisdom that's here is mind boggling not to mention second you none! I've seen nuttin these folks can't help one out with! I've lurked these pages awhile now. Found out can't dare risk losing this wealth of knowledge. So i help not so much just yet but it's coming. Best i could do is become a Supporting Member to help give back to all I've/we've been given freely.
Look fwd to your builds coming forth!

Last edited:
See it's already started... run... run... run for your life Olslimpickins sir!

You found the place to hang out, the wisdom that's here is mind boggling not to mention second you none! I've seen nuttin these folks can't help one out with! I've lurked these pages awhile now. Found out can't dare risk losing this wealth of knowledge. So i help not so much just yet but it's coming. Best i could do is become a Supporting Member to help give back all I've/we've been given freely.
Look fwd to your builds coming forth!
Awesome!! Cant wait to learn more!!!

Anyone have suggedtions for building?

Keep original?
Mod out?
Better tires?
Stash rims and find new?

Anyone got links gir parts?
Matching throtle brake levers?
Grips?

I live in AZ and i know i can fet this titled if done right.

Also, anyone know this bike?

Attachments

Awesome!! Cant wait to learn more!!!

Anyone have suggedtions for building?

Keep original?
Mod out?
Better tires?
Stash rims and find new?

Anyone got links gir parts?
Matching throtle brake levers?
Grips?

I live in AZ and i know i can fet this titled if done right.

Also, anyone know this bike?
You have a Fox Doodlebug there , welcome to the fun , To the Bonanza , Are you a purist ? Do want exact perfect restoration ? Do want to just make it nice to look at it ? or do you want to enjoy riding it like you stole it ? If you want to ride it , put it together with the parts you have and put a Predator on it !!

Welcome. I wouldn;t modify the Bonanza in any way that can't be undone. A correct resto will cost quite a bit if that's what you're looking for. IF not, a decent backyard rattle can paint job using catalyzed paints can look pretty impressive. I;d check the chrome under the paint on those fenders. Use some EZ Off oven cleaner and see if the chrome can be brought back. Wheels look like they're in good shape. If you've got a sprocket and brake, the other parts like jackshaft, controls and bearings are all universal parts easily purchased.

You have a Fox Doodlebug there , welcome to the fun , To the Bonanza , Are you a purist ? Do want exact perfect restoration ? Do want to just make it nice to look at it ? or do you want to enjoy riding it like you stole it ? If you want to ride it , put it together with the parts you have and put a Predator on it !!
For the bonanza i think i wana do a good resto on it.

The other one i wana have for riding around and maybe checking some cut dirt roads for rock, i like to do lapidary.

Welcome. I wouldn;t modify the Bonanza in any way that can't be undone. A correct resto will cost quite a bit if that's what you're looking for. IF not, a decent backyard rattle can paint job using catalyzed paints can look pretty impressive. I;d check the chrome under the paint on those fenders. Use some EZ Off oven cleaner and see if the chrome can be brought back. Wheels look like they're in good shape. If you've got a sprocket and brake, the other parts like jackshaft, controls and bearings are all universal parts easily purchased.
Ok thanks.

It came with sprocket attached and a somewhat broken piece for the brake that fell out.

For the second bike, should i invest in new forks tires rims?

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in AZ, and I restore mini bikes and other stuff. Minibikin's comments above would be the same as mine. It's worthwhile to properly restore the more valuable bikes, and the Bonanza is one. Of course it's relative, because it's a very inexpensive hobby in comparison with others.

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in AZ, and I restore mini bikes and other stuff. Minibikin's comments above would be the same as mine. It's worthwhile to properly restore the more valuable bikes, and the Bonanza is one. Of course it's relative, because it's a very inexpensive hobby in comparison with others.
Ok coooool.

Very thankful the info!!!
Havasu aint far from me lol

nightgrider

I've got a fox campus with the same front suspension as your doodle bug. It works well. But with enough ingenuity anything can fit on mini bike. :cool: