new (to me) Mohave!

DonK

My son just went to pick this up for me on Saturday. It needs work, but looks beautiful to me. It was a competitor in the 70s in the old NATVA east circuit and won a lot of races. The engine bottom end is tight, but the previous owner was running alcohol so it's to be expected. Can't wait to get it back running.

Attachments

DonK

Wow what engine is that?
looks like a 2 cyl 2 stroke maybe?
cool bike
Yup: it's a JLO 340 two-stroke twin. top end looks good but the crank turns very hard. It looks like its had some work done to the jugs, so I'll find another crankcase and use the top from this one.

DonK

My mistake: I misidentified the model by its appearance. However, judging by the number of races this particular machine won in the 1970s, "cobbled" wouldn't have been my choice of words. To each their own. My apologies to all for my incorrect ID.

DonK

I talked with the original owner of the trike who worked for a Harley Davidson/ Dunecycle dealer and raced it in the 1970s and the owner of the track who was also a Dunecycle dealer back then. Both of them say this trike was a production model that was produced for flat track racing, but there weren't a great number of them manufactured. We played around Saturday night drag racing and found it ran pretty well for a 50 year old trike. DSC00060.JPG DSC00061.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00062.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00068.JPG

DonK

The previous owner brought me Dunecycle light jacket along with a few of the dealer signs in the pictures. It was nice to get to meet him and his wife- Very nice people! Thanks, John & Nancy. jacket 2.JPG jacket 1.JPG

Either prototype or copy. Not the same as the one in the ads. I forget what Arielsq’s email is but something with iron cycles or something, he will chime in eventually.