New to mini bikes, Why do you use wide tires? Build Templates?

I currently have an old Murray I bought in rough, but running shape. I am a hobbyist welder and was hoping to build another bike from scratch. I was really hoping to just chop the fork off a small bicycle but I just never see mini bikes with thinner tires like that and was curious as to why that is. I used the search functions on the forum and just haven't had much luck with it.
Are there any commonly use templates available for this sort of thing?

The majority of your suspension is in tire deflection. I built this one a few years back.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...o-thread.82984/page-9#lg=post-1098049&slide=0
Hmm, that link didnt load right for me but I think I get your point. I see a few in that thread with the bicycle front tire, not so many with a thin rear tire. So the wider tires offer more comfort? Perhaps a small bicycle tire on the front would be comfortable enough? I really like the idea of getting that front brake assembly along with the fork already all built together.

LOL, yeah, I have that photo on my lap top, and look at it often. It would take some fabrication, but it wouldn't be impossible for a guy like me with all thumbs. Imagine having something like that as a 12 year old in 1970.