New to OldMiniBikes but not bikes

Welcome. This is a great site. :thumbsup: While you wait for others to chime in, try using the search function to look for tips on modding your bike.

Thank you Tom. I'm doing a lot of searching alright. I do have some specific questions about certain parts on OldMiniBikes WH.
I'll chime back in when I get my ducks in a row.
Oz

I have some 3/8 and 1/4" stainless rod that I'll use to tig weld up new front and rear racks with. The stock ones are crazy heavy for what they are. I think it will look great too.
Oz

Right now I'm researching engine/intake/exhaust mods. Looking at OldMiniBikes WH for ideas but am confused as to which way to go. I don't see any descriptions for the headers/muffs that are listed as far as differences in performance are concerned.
I plan to gear way down and get rpm's up a bit. Possibly a governor removal. I want this thing be able to climb steeper hills at lower speeds. Not sure if I can retain the stock or use a different centrifugal clutch and achieve that or not. I'd use a TAV conversion but I don't want worry about burning belts either. Technically I'm about 20lbs overweight for this thing.
Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Oz

For climbing hills etc you WANT the Torque Converter. Don't worry about burning belts. They aren't hard on belts at all. T C's give you a lot of low end grunt and acceleration.
Well worth the $60 -$70 a complete kit costs (China knock off). Comets will cost twice as much but the knock offs work, very, very well at half the price. But as others will suggest, buy a genuine Comet belt. It could be the last belt you will have to buy...
The torque convert will also let you "play" with your final gearing as the small sprocket behind the driven comes in different sizes and is very easy to change.

Danford1

Last edited:
Thx for the tip danford. It would be nice to get rid of that annoying noise from stock clutch too.
The Carl Heald trail bronc I had as a kind had a tc too. Loved it. Of course I weighed 120 lbs at that time lol.
Oz