New to the forum

Welcome to the great OldMiniBikes and this is the best place to be a newcomer. I don't think what you have is a Taco 22 The front end with the extra long shock springs and the bolt on handlebars don't say Taco to me. A web sight to look around in is minidoodle.com and also here on OldMiniBikes there is lots of photos of members rides. I see a young man with a big smile who's wishing for better Northwest weather.
More pictures would help both sides and pictures that show the wheels .

Steve

That's what I was thinking. The front end looks totally different than a taco. Anyways, thanks for the info. I'll post more pictures when I get off work

markus

So Aggie is the brand and 97 is the model? Please forgive the stupid questions
King O lawn was the actual manufacturer of the bike, but Montgomery wards was the one that sold them, Aggie 97 was the name of the hardtail model like yours.

A few years ago another member was nice enough to upload scans of his original manual, the parts breakdown should kinda give you an idea of how it was put together. Note that the wheel/axle assy that KOL used was kind of an odd setup compared to others of the same era as they were internally pinned/fixed to the wheels.

thread link: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/strictly-us-vintage/48533-gift-fellow-aggie-97-owners.html

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

King O lawn was the actual manufacturer of the bike, but Montgomery wards was the one that sold them, Aggie 97 was the name of the hardtail model like yours.

A few years ago another member was nice enough to upload scans of his original manual, the parts breakdown should kinda give you an idea of how it was put together. Note that the wheel/axle assy that KOL used was kind of an odd setup compared to others of the same era as they were internally pinned/fixed to the wheels.

thread link: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/strictly-us-vintage/48533-gift-fellow-aggie-97-owners.html

Good luck with it :thumbsup:
So in order to remove the axle, do I need to take the wheels apart?

CarPlayLB

So in order to remove the axle, do I need to take the wheels apart?
Yes! the axle has holes for tension pins that hold the bearings to the inside of the wheel. Take the fork lowers out of the triple tree by pushing the pins out and drop the forks legs down. Then you can unbolt the axle and slide the lowers off the axle. At that point you can take the wheels apart and get the axle out! Not the simplest arrangement!

Yes! the axle has holes for tension pins that hold the bearings to the inside of the wheel. Take the fork lowers out of the triple tree by pushing the pins out and drop the forks legs down. Then you can unbolt the axle and slide the lowers off the axle. At that point you can take the wheels apart and get the axle out! Not the simplest arrangement!
Definitely not but atleast I didn't go ham on it with a hammer trying to get the axle out and ruin it