New to trisports

Thanks for any help. What's the trick to removing mechanical brake cables on the rear of a trisport? The trike came with a 10" torque converter on a 8hp engine and it goes to another 7" torque converter on a jack shaft. Is that what it should be? It looks like the 10" is awful big on a 8hp. I am not restoring just making it safe to ride for an extra toy to play on.

Hello new 3-wheeler. I can’t help much about the cables themselves. I have found cleaning the rust,paint, and grime a using mirror and light if needed too look for pins,c-clips,welds. Good pictures posted helps got response cause most people are visual. Besides people like to look at other peoples new toys. With the clutch system you have I think you’re 8 horse just has the higher upgrade. Some are for 21/2 to 5 hp some are for 5 to 8 hp and some are 8 to 18 hp. You just got and up grade!!! My Dad bought me a new small tri-sport when I was in 4th grade for $318. For 9 years I drove the hell out of it.(had no brakes the last 6 years) Always did the maintenance and repairs and restoring my self. When I was 19 I sold it for $250. Good luck with your tri-sport.

Hello new 3-wheeler. I can’t help much about the cables themselves. I have found cleaning the rust,paint, and grime a using mirror and light if needed too look for pins,c-clips,welds. Good pictures posted helps got response cause most people are visual. Besides people like to look at other peoples new toys. With the clutch system you have I think you’re 8 horse just has the higher upgrade. Some are for 21/2 to 5 hp some are for 5 to 8 hp and some are 8 to 18 hp. You just got and up grade!!! My Dad bought me a new small tri-sport when I was in 4th grade for $318. For 9 years I drove the hell out of it.(had no brakes the last 6 years) Always did the maintenance and repairs and restoring my self. When I was 19 I sold it for $250. Good luck with your tri-sport.
I appreciate the reply. I don't know how to add pics. I will try to figure it out. I bought a new predator 8hp and comet 40 series converter and some universal throttle and brake cables. Hoping to have time to get it together soon. Thanks again