Newbs..........4 wheeler

RED

I'm a new member from UK ...........Heres my Radio Flyer...........

Cant see pic? .......Go to Rodschopshop.co.uk.............

Last edited:

Oldsalt

That is a damn nice wagon! Very original and fresh. Four bar front suspension and a beautiful rake! I love the Locost Mk 1 also. That thing must handle well. But I noticed you got the stearing wheel on the wrong side.

I clicked on 'tubbing' in the site expecting to see some narrowed differentials and handformed rear fenderwells, which is what we call 'tubbing' a hot rod here in the US...wasn't expecting hot tubs...

I'm gonna show the photo of the Radio Flyer around to some hot rodders here...that's a really nice one...

I like the MK1...I saw the episode of 'Top Gear' (a BBC car show for you guys w/o satellite) where they built one in a day and had all those extra parts left over...hilarious show...insane stuff every week...

Nice toys there...

RED

Ha ,yeah! ,Tubbing is also the same as here for wide tyres etc! The Locost only had a small engine (ford 1100cc) ,but went like s**t off a shovel ,especially round the twisty lanes here! Very worrying ,seeing all that suspension bouncing around in front of you , as you throw it into a curve! BTW I scratched built most all the stuff on the Wagon ,including the body pan . Thanx for the comments! .Regards..............

If someone knows what they're looking for, it's easy to see that Radio Flyer wasn't some kit...a lot of fabrication must have gone into building it...

Like I said, I'm going to show the photo of it around to some 'serious' hot rodders...they'll appreciate the building of the wagon, because they have a grasp of the time and skill needed to build it...and may copy some features, with a nod to the original builder...

Somewhere, I have some photos of the D-reg Austin Mini I owned while I lived in Suffolk...that was about the only car that would fit down the lane where I lived...those roads are just paved cow paths...

RED

LMAO! That green austin A35 van on my site was my fathers ,he bought it new in '62! I built it like a '60's race car with all the period parts of the day on it ! That was in about 2004 I think .
I got the idea for the Flyer from an example built by Ed Roth ,tweaked it a bit to use stuff I had around in the shed to build it . Hence why I never got to fit expensive wheels ,which I think let the deal down at thwe moment.It took a very long time to get it right ,even tho' Ive built loads previously.Think I was the first to have a motorised flyer at the Nats,also was the first to have a Tot Rod at the Nats!