Next up: Dirty Bunny Girl Trail

We going to ride the Dirty Bunny Girl Trail in the AM tomorrow. I walked it today with my wife to see just how tough it will be and it turns out to be only slightly more challenging that what we have ridden so far. The boulders are a lot larger and the hills a little steeper.
The 1 1/4 mile run up to the trail is a very nice pine needle and clay ride through the Pondorosa Pines with some fun tight turns and a few boulders.
The rest of the trail will be a work out for our bikes. I'm leaving the Hawg-Ty at home. At 50 bucks a crack, I don't need to be burning up any more belts.
I'll be using my Heathkit Hill-Topper with the 62 tooth rear drive sprocket. Major repair made today. see other post)
The ride should cover about ten miles one way and be a good work-out for the bikes and ourselves.
Here are a couple of photos of the Dirty Bunny Girl Trail. DBG1.jpg DBT2.jpg DBT3.jpg

We did try to do the ride today. We arrived at Pine Flats, picked up Deadman Trail for 1 1/2 miles leading to Dirty Bunny Girl Trail.
I was climbing up a steep hill over boulders when the engine bogged down and died. Gasoline was streaming out of the weep hole in the carb.
I only use non-alcohol gasoline and there is a new inline filter on the feed line.
For some reason the float stuck open. The way the engine in mounted,the float bowl cannot be removed as it will hit the jack shaft support bracket.
I tapped on the float bowl with a wrench to see if it would free up. It did not. As long as the gas was turned on, the carb leaked like a sieve.
I carry a tow rope and Patrick's CT200U-EX was able to tow me the one and a half mile trip back to the trailer. That alone was impressive as the trail is not level and has several boulder fields.
Once we got back to the trailer, I turned the gas back on and the engine started back up. I rode it through the hills of the parking lot and the engine never missed a beat.
Gremlins? No idea why the float stuck, but that carb is going away and a new carb will be installed.
This is not a dirty/gummy carb or bad rubber seal on the needle valve of the float. Something hung up the float long enough to stay stuck wide open flooding the carb bowl until gas leaked out of the weep hole. Bouncing over the rocks on the ride back to the car freed it up again.
This month has been trying for my bikes. First the TAV belt fails on the Hawg-Ty , now this on the Hill-Topper.
At least getting the bikes back to the car was not too difficult as it was 95 degrees F and humid from last night rain.