Nice Original BBBBird!!

Mark
Super nice Bird...And an awesome job with the perseveration!!
Glad to see that it ended up going to the right persons..:thumbsup:
I 2 can't wait to see it finished. :smile:

That sure looks nice !!! :thumbsup:

I am courious though how did you get those rear shocks apart - is there a trick to that?
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/9933-sebac-shocks.html

awesome bike, you never see birds complete like that. Cant wait to see it all cleaned up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful bike Mark. Nice job on the preservation!
:laugh:

nice tip on front springs:thumbsup:
Mark
Super nice Bird...And an awesome job with the perseveration!!
Glad to see that it ended up going to the right persons..:thumbsup:
I 2 can't wait to see it finished. :smile:
Thanks guys!

After I got the forks apart I took them into the shop and brought them back into shape with my shop press, now they move up and down like they should.
After I started to clean the chrome and the shocks were done, I decided that if I went that far I should clean up everything else.

I scrubbed and polished all of the chrome as well as all of the paint on the bike, then I decided I better polish the hardware also...

When it came to the engine, I kind of went overboard. It ran real well so there was no need to tear into it. Degreased and cleaned the whole thing and polished the fuel tank hardware, as well as the pull starter insert and the spark plug. Since the carb wasn't original, and I didn't want to add any new paint I took it apart, cleaned it, polished the bowl, the choke and throttle shafts and installed a genuine Tecumseh rebuild kit, as well as an OEM filter. I'm currently out of the correct fuel line so I threw a clear red one on for now, not sure if I want to keep it or not. Since the bike had mis-matched grips anyway, I had a NOS set of the smoother style so I put those on instead of the ribbed ones that belong. I re used the throttle tube and cables though. The seat just needed a good cleaning as well, there are a couple of cracks in the piping near the base but it's very minimal.
So after a couple months of scrubbin and polishin, this is how it came out. the only things not original are the grips, chain, (I have the original), fuel line and maybe the carb. I'm not too happy with the way these pics came out, seems like my camera kept picking up every dust spec and magnifying it...the bike really looks better in person.

fistfullabar

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/9933-sebac-shocks.html

Thanks guys!

After I got the forks apart I took them into the shop and brought them back into shape with my shop press, now they move up and down like they should.
After I started to clean the chrome and the shocks were done, I decided that if I went that far I should clean up everything else.

I scrubbed and polished all of the chrome as well as all of the paint on the bike, then I decided I better polish the hardware also...

When it came to the engine, I kind of went overboard. It ran real well so there was no need to tear into it. Degreased and cleaned the whole thing and polished the fuel tank hardware, as well as the pull starter insert and the spark plug. Since the carb wasn't original, and I didn't want to add any new paint I took it apart, cleaned it, polished the bowl, the choke and throttle shafts and installed a genuine Tecumseh rebuild kit, as well as an OEM filter. I'm currently out of the correct fuel line so I threw a clear red one on for now, not sure if I want to keep it or not. Since the bike had mis-matched grips anyway, I had a NOS set of the smoother style so I put those on instead of the ribbed ones that belong. I re used the throttle tube and cables though. The seat just needed a good cleaning as well, there are a couple of cracks in the piping near the base but it's very minimal.
So after a couple months of scrubbin and polishin, this is how it came out. the only things not original are the grips, chain, (I have the original), fuel line and maybe the carb. I'm not too happy with the way these pics came out, seems like my camera kept picking up every dust spec and magnifying it...the bike really looks better in person.

talk about keeping it clean mean and full of steam :thumbsup::scooter:

Wow Mark. :thumbsup:
What a transformation! You have some serious skill at bringing things back to life without destroying originality.
talk about keeping it clean mean and full of steam :thumbsup::scooter:
I second that!:drool:
Looks AWESOME!!! Nice job Mark!!
Wow....just awesome !!! :drool::drool::drool:
What a stunning example!!............:thumbsup:.............Tom.
Thanks guys. I still have a few minor tweaks to do, but I think I'm calling this one done:thumbsup:

Now, on to the Dominator......