Nice Original BBBBird!!

It sure did:smile:
Dawn dish soap and warm water with a terry cloth. The aluminum has a nice spun finish to it, so I couldn't use anything aggressive.

Thanks!!

If you look closely at the first few pics you can see the bike has the all too common high speed option:doah:. I had to get the forks apart to get the rust from behind the springs, so I had to take them apart anyway. Most people say you cant get these forks apart without cutting the fender mount, because it's welded on. I want this bike to have NO NEW paint so that's not an option, so I used a strap wrench to the springs and cranked them all the way into the top of the triple tree. Crappy pic but it's all I got:shrug:

After the springs were in as far as they could go I just slightly bent the tabs on the lowers that were holding them in and they popped right out:thumbsup:. Because the inner part of the upper tree was bent back a few degrees, the lowers didn't want to move. So to get them un-stuck without damage, I put the axle back in, then placed a 2x4 on top (where the wheel would be) and gave it a few smacks with a dead blow hammer and out they popped:hammer:. You can see the black paint on the springs, when they painted these bikes the whole front end was chrome, then they just taped off (poorly:laugh:) the bars and springs.

Where were you when I was asking!! LMAO