Nice to work on a Big twin Harley again.

I74

04 Softail Deuce, that I'am fixing elect. problems & doing mods on, for a Guy.

It's not ''old school'', but am still dig'n it. :cool:

Old School for me when I started riding,, was Knuckleheads & Pans.
New stuff was Shovelheads,, which ''will always be'', my all time fav.

100_6803.JPG

Last edited:

I74

Very ''old'' low quality pic of my ''$hit & git'' Shovel.

That bike went to Germany in 04'.

Got in ''a bunch'' of trouble on that bike,, but had ''a lot'' of great times also.

Writing a book of the times on it would probably be a best seller. LOL
Twitter_20191225_194753 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Was the guy with the Deuce kind of weird? In my 20 years of working at a Harley dealership I've noticed Deuce guys are normally the oddballs.

I74

Was the guy with the Deuce kind of weird? In my 20 years of working at a Harley dealership I've noticed Deuce guys are normally the oddballs.
He's alright, the prev. owner was obviously the weirdo though,, with putting on a morphodite ugly@$$ ''huge'' seat, ''way'' to narrow bars,, & smoked out taillight & turn lenses ect. ect. :rolleyes:
Was told the Guy wasn't tall either.

First owner did it right though, with putting on an S&S Super E, & ''killer'' BUB pipes.

Current owner made out like a fat cat though,, with getting the bike for only 4K !

It runs ''real good'' now,, just needs a low profile narrow seat, & proper lenses.

I didn't even want to test ride it with the ''morph'' seat, as I had to be on tippy toes with the seat being so big.

If I can't sit flat footed,, I don't ride em.

That seat is so ''fugly'' ,, I left it off for the pics.

I

Last edited:
Working at a dealership made me hate being a “biker”….worst experience I’ve ever had….worse than jail….the clientele anymore are fucking lawyers and doctors who generally have no clue to life….haven’t been to a shop in 12 years….

I74

Working at a dealership made me hate being a “biker”….worst experience I’ve ever had….worse than jail….the clientele anymore are fucking lawyers and doctors who generally have no clue to life….haven’t been to a shop in 12 years….
Those ''Rubs'' make me nauseous.

They think because of having ''deep'' pockets,, that they can go buy a new Harley, & brand new ''shiny'' leathers ect. ect.. ,, & now they are instant bikers.

Last time I went to Sturgis was 89',, & that was around the last of the ''real'' Sturgis, with mostly ''real'' bikers,, from what I'am told.

Am glad though that I went twice back in the day,, when it was ''real''.

Had a frigg'n blast both times.

I74

Just witnessed another prime example of why I pretty much don't ride Harley's anymore.

Dropped the Ol'lady off at work @ 6:30 this morning & just got back home.

It was still dark out with also low lying fog.

Going down one of the main roads,, a ''black on black'' Jeep Commander passed me going the other way with ''no'' lights on whatsoever. o_O

Driving it was a 20 -30 something little girl, ''texting''. :mad:

I flashed my lights @ her,, & she didn't even notice or care. :rolleyes:

Another thing I notice ''a lot'' is,, when it's over cast, raining & or snowing,, especially @ dawn & dusk,,, you always see grey & or silver vehicles being the ones that mostly don't use their lights around here,, especially in these conditions,, & they blend right in.

These idiots have no idea how lucky they are,, & most of them,, nothing will ever happen to them either.

Lastly,,

I think a big part now of why they drive like this,, is because there isn't to many cops on the roads anymore giving tickets,, ''at least in these parts''.

I

Just witnessed another prime example of why I pretty much don't ride Harley's anymore.

Dropped the Ol'lady off at work @ 6:30 this morning & just got back home.

It was still dark out with also low lying fog.

Going down one of the main roads,, a ''black on black'' Jeep Commander passed me going the other way with ''no'' lights on whatsoever. o_O

Yup riding got more dangerous since the invention of cell phones and Uber especially in big Cities but days like last Sunday on the FRISCO Poker Run keep me Riding till I’m too old to ride. I’m 65 now so I got a ways to go. 0076B058-562C-40B1-866C-49499D4B45EF.jpeg

I74

''Very cool pic '', Joe !! :cool:

Have or had,, a pic of me with my shovel,, taken by Golden gate park, years ago ….