nitro 44 roller chassis

What are your thoughts and opinions of the nitro 44 roller chassis? I've had a mini bike for years but now I want to build a mini drag bike. I'm in the process of building my first motor. It'll be a nice but mild flathead. I want to use this chassis as my motor building skills grow. What do you think?

trinik7597

hey yellow mini, the nitro44 roller seems like a very good deal for the price :thumbsup: and depending on where you are in cali you might even be able to pick it up and save the shipping . you are in the land of drag bikes on the other coast :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Hey Yellow... Why don't you pioneer this for us?

I have looked at their site several times and like the look of the 44. It does look a bit thin in the neck area, but would be easy to gusset. The price is right. Build it! we will watch and learn!

trinik7597

Hey Yellow... Why don't you pioneer this for us?

I have looked at their site several times and like the look of the 44. It does look a bit thin in the neck area, but would be easy to gusset. The price is right. Build it! we will watch and learn!
that was one concern about the frame :thumbsup: i almost ordered one of these about a year ago . i did get one of their tanks for my bike because i liked the way it mounted :thumbsup: they were easy to get a hold of and shipped quick i had heard that was not the case but that was my experience with them . i hope you get one and build it too ! i would like to see one of these bikes with a raptor on it

Yes Trinik I live real close to there shop. That's kinda why I was asking. Does anyone else build similar chassis to these? From what I've read it seems most everyone modifies there own frames.

Street
Its actually my brothers car. Its a Vega with 383 stroker. It runs descent! Tonight its best time was a 7.09
Anyway back to this mini bike. Do you know if anyone else builds a roller chassis drag frame?

Also on the other threads about the nitro 44 frame it was brought up about the positioning of the motor plate and he was moving it forward. What is the reasoning for this? Is it a weight placement issue? Room for different style motors and set UPS? Or what? Using a flathead would it be better to have the motor forward or back or does it not really matter and its just a rider preference?

you are in cali you have some options temecula bob makes frames . pretty sure solo and f and b make bikes . but anything custom you are talking about way more money than a nitro :thumbsup: mark at outlaw fab also does drag frames . or you could find a mini and mod it yourself :thumbsup:

Street Smart

Motor forward is better for weight to keep the bike on the ground, but I`m not a fan of the long chain. A jackshaft will help and it makes gear ratio changes easier if you need to. I like to put the motor where it fits best, closer to the back to keep the chain length down.
The rider is the heaviest part of the bike, so I sit as far forward as I can.

Thank you guys so much for your input. As your well aware I'm completely new to this and just trying to learn and ask questions to you veterans. From what I'm reading it sounds as if the nitro 44 will be perfect for me and a great starting point. Especially being that your only concerns about it are relatively minor and could be easily changed. Can you guys post some pictures of your mini bikes?

Street Smart

1/4 mile, the way it sits today in "street" trim 10.20-10.30 on motor. I`ve been 9.40`s with my better motor on spray, but the car is only 10.0 legal.

Last edited:
Yellowmini I have been reading your posts re the Nitro 44 drag bike. I have one as I stated earlier and had planned to use a Raptor on it but a Briggs will not fit in the frame.The frame is designed for the late model Briggs motors. I am currently having a modified Briggs Animal motor for the bike and am moving the motor plate forward for better balance and I can run a shorter chain. Hope this helps even though it is not good news--cheers Bill.