No Longer a "Kid"

Well I guess I was crazy to think I was going to "modify" my name and not get called out on it.....guys on here don't miss a trick :detective:

truth is I asked Hent to change it for me as a favor....I realized a while back that people started calling me KKK for short ...didn't think much of it until somebody went out of their way on a thread to point out that it sounded racist or looked racist.....:facepalm:

Even though it was innocent I figured I'd ask Hent to change it so nobody would get offended or get the wrong idea...unbelievable but that's the story behind it..... :shrug:

Kustom Kart by the way was the name of a converted gas station that sold racing karts and mini bikes back in the 60's-70's....when I was still a kid :smile:

It was about 4 miles from my house and I would pedal my bike all the way there just to look in the window, buy a 25 cent master link for my home made mini-bike, and dream about all the cool machinery they had on display. I can still picture the neon sign in the front window and how it would cast a red glow on the front sidewalk..There was a long haired guy name Rich Ludwig who ran the place...he would let me hang around and watch him mill heads and bore cylinders on his Bridgeport. I never did own a go-kart until 30 some years later when my son started racing.

..and who did I meet at the race track..Richie Ludwig :facepalm:...only without the long hair

Sounds crazy, but when I think of mini-bikes...I still think of Kustom Kart.

ahhhh..... if only I could be a "Kid" again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TomH

F em and feed em catfish heads, you will always be Kustom Kart Kid. It isn't racist. You aren't a grand dragon or whatever they call themselves. But if it is a problem for you and I guess it is, so be it. KK it is.

i was wondering what was going on with that . so what if they dont like it then dont look at it. oh well kk it is so i wonder if someone will get offended that i put ss in some of my posts instead of stainless steel .

just remember growing old is mandatory growing up is still a option :devil2:

Won't be the same:hammer:

To hell with all the jerkies who think it's denoting racism. :shrug:
exactly, they can take their hurt sensitive feelings and stuff em up there butts!
I hate how our society has become a society that looks so hard to create unrest when its plainly obvious none was ever intended. To say your name looked at all racist and offensive is a ridiculous reach and is offensive in itself! Bastards! RIP USA

well thanks guys for all the support....I certainly didn't want to make this into a big deal.

Some of the members were PM' g me to ask me what's up and so I figured I better offer up an explanation and so I just told it like it is....

Ironically I seem to have called more attention to the situation than if I had just left the damn name alone :facepalm:

:laugh: ..Oh man Hent will kill me if I ask him to change it back....:doah::hammer:

Last edited: