No more head gasket problems……

So I re assembled my build in a new hemi block. My old block had deep pockets almost holes on the head to block mating surface from when I went through 2 head gaskets. So I scrapped the old block and opted with a new fresh one. Also got a new piston,stock length ARC rod and a .47 head gasket with fire ring. Cross cross torqued my head bolts to 20ft lbs. in steps. Cleaned my head up and re assembled it with a fresh valve stem seal. I put everything back together and checked,torqued,and made sure everything was clearanced. Second start up after 1 heat cycle with hi zinc oil. Fresh oil and race gas 110. Runs great. Road test next image.jpg

Minimichael

So I re assembled my build in a new hemi block. My old block had deep pockets almost holes on the head to block mating surface from when I went through 2 head gaskets. So I scrapped the old block and opted with a new fresh one. Also got a new piston,stock length ARC rod and a .47 head gasket with fire ring. Cross cross torqued my head bolts to 20ft lbs. in steps. Cleaned my head up and re assembled it with a fresh valve stem seal. I put everything back together and checked,torqued,and made sure everything was clearanced. Second start up after 1 heat cycle with hi zinc oil. Fresh oil and race gas 110. Runs great. Road test next View attachment 293002
Wow, big changes, and you work fast... Please post about the road test! I'm surprised to hear you went all the way back to a stock length connecting rod.

Wow, big changes, and you work fast... Please post about the road test! I'm surprised to hear you went all the way back to a stock length connecting rod.
Yea man I used to be able to catch my nail on the pistol with the +20 rod. Now the position is just under flush with the hole. More valve to piston clearance. So I’m safe now….. for now lol. Check out my YouTube channel for a vid of it running.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCAweQcz4U3subKq_RTXzO_g

Minimichael

Yea man I used to be able to catch my nail on the pistol with the +20 rod. Now the position is just under flush with the hole. More valve to piston clearance. So I’m safe now….. for now lol. Check out my YouTube channel for a vid of it running.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCAweQcz4U3subKq_RTXzO_g
Yeah it seems you'll be safe now with .020 back in the hole. I wanna hear if you feel a difference. Hey I like your animal skin seats. Been thinking the same for some time here. Probably going with blue gator, and silver flake. But that's my cruiser...CHIPS-style. Not like your little rippers. Guessing they're all wheelie-machines o_O

Yeah it seems you'll be safe now with .020 back in the hole. I wanna hear if you feel a difference. Hey I like your animal skin seats. Been thinking the same for some time here. Probably going with blue gator, and silver flake. But that's my cruiser...CHIPS-style. Not like your little rippers. Guessing they're all wheelie-machines o_O
I sold the orange one. With a stock motor. I rebuilt the engine that was on it. Doing another motor tomorrow for the white bike. It’s got a smaller cam. A 275. And a smaller carb. Also a different flywheel. The orange bike with the belt system launched super hard. It would wheelie a bit. I got a noram cheetah clutch coming to try out on one of these motors. Check out my channel to see some vids

Minimichael

I sold the orange one. With a stock motor. I rebuilt the engine that was on it. Doing another motor tomorrow for the white bike. It’s got a smaller cam. A 275. And a smaller carb. Also a different flywheel. The orange bike with the belt system launched super hard. It would wheelie a bit. I got a noram cheetah clutch coming to try out on one of these motors. Check out my channel to see some vids
I did! Thought you painted the orange one white. Smaller carb? How small? I see you have a flat side slide carb. For that all or nothing response? (I've only heard about them)