No spark on my craftsman mower

This is not a lawnmower forum, but as you read the title, i have no spark on my craftsman mower and i was wondering how i should tackle this, i cleaned the magnets the only problem is that the flywheel isnt coming off and i dont have a puller, im thinking about getting a new ignition coil, but i dont know if that will help, if you know how else i can tackle this, please say, thanks.

External coil? I will assume it is so make sure small wire going to the coil is removed. Then remove spark plug making sure it is not fouled (all black) lay it on top of motor on something metal or get a spark tester. Check for spark. If it sparks then reconnect kill wire and see if it still sparks if not then kill switch is grounding it out if no spark either way looks like bad cdi.

the kill wire goes from the coil to the throttle lincage. Unplug it from the coil and check again for spark. If its sparking but not running right its most likely going to be the flywheel key sheered. you can check it without pulling the flywheel just unbolt the nut and washer and you can see the keyways aligned.

To pull the flywheel pull up on it with one hand or pry in a safe place while giving the shaft a good smack with the hammer. hit it squarely so you dont mushroom it and it will pop off.

To pull the flywheel pull up on it with one hand or pry in a safe place while giving the shaft a good smack with the hammer. hit it squarely so you dont mushroom it and it will pop off.
I tried, i sprayed every grease and cleaner in my garage to try to get it penetrated, then used the hammer, but it never came off, its most likely stuck from the rust, but i garentee that it was the kill wire because i was wondering why half of the assembly was moving, but the other side didnt work which now i feel like an idiot thinking “i guess ill fix that later, right now ill fix the spark problem” i guess a lesson was learned for me, dont think of the worst possibility first.

Well there is really no reason to remove it anyway unless the key is sheered. Sometimes they are tough for sure. Penetrating oil wont do anything you can try heat but that usually doesnt help much either.

The kill wire should go from lug on the coil to either carb linkage so when throttle is shut it grounds out spark, or what sounds like your case the flywheel brake which can be on inside of flywheel. You never told us if when you removed kill wire from coil did you get spark. Once we know that answer we can continue debug.

The kill wire should go from lug on the coil to either carb linkage so when throttle is shut it grounds out spark, or what sounds like your case the flywheel brake which can be on inside of flywheel. You never told us if when you removed kill wire from coil did you get spark. Once we know that answer we can continue debug.
Still no spark, i dont know if i unplugged the right wire though, ill put a photo on.

Yes that is the kill wire. If it still does not spark And plug is good and grounded to motor when testing looks like bad cdi. Is the air gap between coil and flywheel magnet look ok? If so replace cdi. You can find them cheap on eBay.

Yes that is the kill wire. If it still does not spark And plug is good and grounded to motor when testing looks like bad cdi. Is the air gap between coil and flywheel magnet look ok? If so replace cdi. You can find them cheap on eBay.
It looks close, is it supposte to drag or just stay alittle away?

It looks close, is it supposte to drag or just stay alittle away?
it should not physically drag, use a bisness card to check the gap. you should be able to fit it in with no effort.
after you check that get some electronic specific cleaner (isopropyl alcohol works in a pinch)
and clean all the contact points, check the inside of the spark plug boot to see if its corroded ( it wouldn't hurt to clean it)
now, if you still have no spark, it could be that the cdi is bad. as ole4 said, cheap ebay ones will do the trick

Y
it should not physically drag, use a bisness card to check the gap. you should be able to fit it in with no effort.
after you check that get some electronic specific cleaner (isopropyl alcohol works in a pinch)
and clean all the contact points, check the inside of the spark plug boot to see if its corroded ( it wouldn't hurt to clean it)
now, if you still have no spark, it could be that the cdi is bad. as ole4 said, cheap ebay ones will do the trick
Yeah, i belive that it might be the cdi, but something looks worn out on the kill wire, ill send a photo right now