No spark on my craftsman mower

The kill wire stops spark. Once you unplugged it the cdi will always spark if flywheel is rotated fast enough. How exactly are you testing it for spark. Also post a pic of spark plug electrode end.

Put a pry bar in a safe place between block and flywheel. While prying outward TAP rapidly on flywheel away from magnet side. With patience, I guarantee it will come off . Its never failed me yet. The key is rapid light tapping. It is the same principle as an impact wrench.

BTW I had that exact lawn mower and it would fire but die. Spray starter fluid and it would run until spraying stopped. Put a new carb on and same thing. finally out of frustration I put a small hole in the gas cap thinking maybe it was vacuum locked and sure enough it started and ran like a champ.

BTW I had that exact lawn mower and it would fire but die. Spray starter fluid and it would run until spraying stopped. Put a new carb on and same thing. finally out of frustration I put a small hole in the gas cap thinking maybe it was vacuum locked and sure enough it started and ran like a champ.
Thanks for the advice

And also, is there anyway to fix a bad ignition coil? Cause i dont wanna spend 20 dollars on a new part when i can temporarily fix it for free

You can try the toaster oven trick. Put it in the toaster on 200 degrees for half an hour or so . Another trick is to spin the engine to around 2000 rpm with the plug wire disconnected and ungrounded. Use a regular drill not an impact on the flywheel nut. Many people dont know but you should never do that on a working coil because it can fry them. they should always be grounded when turning the engine over. But since its broken that sometimes fixes them

You can try the toaster oven trick. Put it in the toaster on 200 degrees for half an hour or so . Another trick is to spin the engine to around 2000 rpm with the plug wire disconnected and ungrounded. Use a regular drill not an impact on the flywheel nut. Many people dont know but you should never do that on a working coil because it can fry them. they should always be grounded when turning the engine over. But since its broken that sometimes fixes them
Does it have to be a toaster oven or can it be a regular oven?

The only way to accurately test for spark is to use a spark tester. It tests without damaging the coil, and it tests in a vacuum environment. They really are worth every bit of the $10 they cost to avoid guessing, and then burning out a good coil in testing.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-42-08...ocphy=9030351&hvtargid=pla-310347789777&psc=1
Yup, I use the other Oregon brand in-line spark tester as well as the one you referenced. It has an in-line glass tube looking light filament.
I’ve tested the coil on my Stihl leaf blower. I found a chart that gave a range in ohms for each leg of the coil, I think they called it primary and secondary? Its been a few months, lots of projects ago.
Good thread here.