No spark on my craftsman mower

Problem is that i wanted to make a quick flip on this thing, he just said that it needed a carb cleaned, till i found out that theres no spark, so i have a money limit. But i could buy that, but i can check for spark in the dark, its easy to see it like that

By the way, while waiting for a reply, i cleaned up the piston and valves and cover with steel wool and a drill, is it ok if it scratched the top alittle? It doesnt seem like it would do anything, but i was just wondering.

Problem is that i wanted to make a quick flip on this thing, he just said that it needed a carb cleaned, till i found out that theres no spark, so i have a money limit. But i could buy that, but i can check for spark in the dark, its easy to see it like that
yeah, never trust what people say when buying something used :p
and no, it shouldn't hurt anything. as long as its only the piston, not the cylinder.
you could try this coil pack
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075H7LHZN/ref=psdc_13789581_t2_B077BBLWXJ
even cheaper option (for the most profits)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072C3ZVTQ/ref=psdc_13789581_t3_B075H7LHZN

You can try the toaster oven trick. Put it in the toaster on 200 degrees for half an hour or so . Another trick is to spin the engine to around 2000 rpm with the plug wire disconnected and ungrounded. Use a regular drill not an impact on the flywheel nut. Many people dont know but you should never do that on a working coil because it can fry them. they should always be grounded when turning the engine over. But since its broken that sometimes fixes them
By the way, should i cut some things off or should i put the whole thing in the oven? ill add a photo here, and honestly, will it smell like burning plastic? B82F96F9-570E-4CC2-A3D5-1ADAD76562A6.jpeg

yeah, never trust what people say when buying something used :p
and no, it shouldn't hurt anything. as long as its only the piston, not the cylinder.
By the way, should i cut some things off or should i put the whole thing in the oven? ill add a photo here View attachment 237511
i would put it all in the oven, (im not that experienced with the trick, but i think someone can help you more than me)

BTW I had that exact lawn mower and it would fire but die. Spray starter fluid and it would run until spraying stopped. Put a new carb on and same thing. finally out of frustration I put a small hole in the gas cap thinking maybe it was vacuum locked and sure enough it started and ran like a champ.
Just as you said, it can only run by priming or feeding it fuel, so tomorrow ill run it without a gas cap and test that, thanks